SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, question for you.

I found a broken piece and I don't know what it is. My camera doesn't want to upload pictures to my comp or I would post one. On the V6 on the top of the throttle body there are three hoses, 2 big, one small with the small one furthest from the front of the car. The small hose makes a 90 degree turn, connects to a yellow something-or-other, and then heads down toward the bottom of the engine. My yellow piece is broken and missing and only the nipples (tee-hee) are stuck in the hoses. There are oil stains on the hose, what is left of the yellow dealybob, and connectors. With the yellow whatchamacalit missing there is a loud hissing noise that stops when you put your finger over the ends of the hose. What is this piece and where can I get one? If someone has a pic of the throttle body I can draw on it to identify the part.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
That's a check valve.
Part # 7521313

When you put the new one on make sure the arrow on it is facing towards the throttle body.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Do you think it is something that is generic enough to get at the local auto parts store or does it have to be the 7521313 exactly? I sort of need it in a hurry.

Thanks!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welllll, almost. Got a generic check valve with the closest nipple sizes as the broken one. When the old one shattered it left the old nipples in the hose and they are impossible to get out so that is out. The yellow plastic is so rotten that if you take a piece between your fingers it will grind down to dust. Maybe it didn't start out yellow. ;) Then I took the hoses off and found they are as hard as iron and far thicker than I expected. Checker didn't have anything even close. Anyone got one of those cool WIS diagrams that I could identify part numbers on?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok, I found a picture of it:

It is number three on the top of the throttle body, not the one on the bottom. Alldata didn't seem to have much info on this engine or car. I need the short 90 degree bent hose, the check valve, and the longer hose.

Thanks.

oops, the picture disappeared...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Gazolzwurf said:
That's a check valve.
Part # 7521313

When you put the new one on make sure the arrow on it is facing towards the throttle body.
That number was superceded over 2 years ago, the old was grey/white and now have been updated to an all white larger valve.

new number is #91 89 564

hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts