SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe this is a fuse but want to make sure before I start looking all over the place. The better half called me and informed me that the radio does not turn on, the horn does not honk, and the noise from the blinker signal does not sound. Is this common? Any advice on what to look for or what to do? Any info appreciated. This is for the Linear model. Thank you

·
Registered
895 Posts
ummm.. ok. heres wherer you start. open the fuse panel cover, and check your fuses. if that doesnt work.. get back to us!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Thats happened to me just two times. The solution, turn the car off and back on (after stopping at a parking lot or safe spot first, my disclaimer before we see Saab's stopped in the middle of the road for no reason).

If it continues then yea, maybe a fuse or something else which needs a dealer check.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I believe the "blinking" sound for the turn signals actually utilizes the driver's side audio speakers, so it sounds like it would be a fuse for your audio system....

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
EP Doc said:
I believe the "blinking" sound for the turn signals actually utilizes the driver's side audio speakers, so it sounds like it would be a fuse for your audio system....
Correct.

The horn not working is a puzzler, as I don't see how or why that would be integrated with anything computerized.

Usually:
Horn switch on steering wheel--> relay--> horn --> BEEP! BEEP!

Not much to it.

·
Registered
679 Posts
ctrlz said:
Usually:
Horn switch on steering wheel--> relay--> horn --> BEEP! BEEP!

Not much to it.
You forget our cars have all (or almost all) its features go down a data bus. I could be wrong (I haven't memorized the data bus components in detail) but the horn may go through that same data bus, so it will also go under that case (what ever that case is when those components stop working).

Not that I like it not working but its my guess as to what happens. Somebody break out that block diagram.

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Jar may be right.

Crazy, though. The horn is supposed to be a pretty simple device. Though I did notice the other day that it doesn't work if the car is off.

So, if your radio goes out, you may have no horn. What whiz-bang came up with that system?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts