SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys-

I need your help. I don't know if this has happened to anyone but it seems that my hood release cable has stretch too far thus unable to pop the hood...:cry:

Anyone know how to open the hood or have any suggestions as to accessing the engine bay?

I have tried poking around for quite some time trying to finegle the cable to release the hood but no luck. Any suggestions or information is GREATLY appreaciated!

On the good side though, Thank god I JUST changed the oil so I wont be 'needing' to get in the immediate future (fingers crossed). Thanks again, in advanced.

--Bryan
1995 900SE

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Well, sounds like you will be needing a new cable. My suggestions: If the handle inside the car isn't allowing enough pivotting distance for the cable to release the hood, disconnect the cable from inside the car at the handle, and put a pair of vice grips into the cable and pull from there. Then get the cable replaced ASAP.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

I had the same problem, the way I get in was to remove the splash guards under the front bumper and then use a screw driver to release the bonnet.

Will be having the cable replaced soon.

Andy

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
amoore74 said:
Hi,

I had the same problem, the way I get in was to remove the splash guards under the front bumper and then use a screw driver to release the bonnet.

Will be having the cable replaced soon.

Andy
The cable in the bluebird(9 years,145K) is also stretched, but I was able to adjust it.

I do not believe in just replacing things..

The cables suffer as the hood can be set too tight.
A man using but his little pinky should be able to release the hood ; if not, something is wrong...

And, I wonder if the struts should be able to raise the hood on their own..

IMO, I think so..
Another thing to check out..

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
amoore74 said:
Hi,

Failing that, the dealer has a special tool to open the bonnet (hood)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts