SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it hard? pitfalls? within the skill scope of an amatuer or best left to the pro's?

·
Banned
7,270 Posts
I think the tough bit relates to the fabric. The fabric is streched to fit without wrinkels and if you undo any of the securing screws the fabric can slip. Are you replacing the fabric or are you just unhappy about a part of the roof function?

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
So, when I was answering I was thinking the thing that covers the engine, bonnet for you boys, not the headliner. Either way, still not that difficult. Takes a while, but is a satisfying DIY.

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
bumper = bumper
aerial = antenna
tyre = tire...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess it's more of a routine maintenance job, it's all working fine and I want it to stay that way so would like to know what stuff needs changing/tinkering with?

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
if I had I turbo I probally would play with the APC settings becuase I was bored....

ohhh so much boost *PING* oops,back it down then...
latter...my car is slug and only boosting to yellow...

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
*PING*

oh new gearbox...

:roll:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Eugene said:
I guess it's more of a routine maintenance job, it's all working fine and I want it to stay that way so would like to know what stuff needs changing/tinkering with?
Eugene,

Go here:

http://townsendimports.com/Web/body_folder/body_images/cvtopwinadj.pdf

for all the specs for the top, and here:

http://townsendimports.com/Web/body_folder/body_images/cvtopwinadj.pdf

for adjustments as they should be. Here and there it tells you where to lube and what to tighten to what.

You may want to check out the other top (hood) related documents (like the guide to replacing it) for further information.

For the record, my creed dictates that one should not mess with something that is working. Tease the nordic gods of locomotion at your own risk.

·
Banned
7,270 Posts
one should not mess with something that is working
agree. although there are some water holes that need un-clogging and things like that. Also have you tried the hood-cleaning kit from Autoglym? Works quite nicely but the hood protector (2nd part of the kit) does not seem to last very long. Might be worth finding some other treatment to apply to a clean hood.

Do you mean det. or g/box ;)

·
Registered
239 Posts
ejenner said:
<snip> ...Also have you tried the hood-cleaning kit from Autoglym? Works quite nicely but the hood protector (2nd part of the kit) does not seem to last very long. Might be worth finding some other treatment to apply to a clean hood.
Can't say I've tried any product to specifically clean my top, other than soap and water, so I'm ill prepared to pass judgement on any! :eek: I've thought about it from time to time, but then I sit and wait for the urge to pass. That said, the top is in great condition, and looked new when I got the car five years ago - with the exception of the rear window and feature strip, which are run down and seem to have been left over and may be original. It has lost some of the sheen, but none of its water repellent qualities.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts