SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed my hood insulation on my car the other day and I was told that it will eventually melt the paint on the outside of my hood or make it bubble and peel away? Is this true anyone taken there's off and had it off for like over a year or something, I really don't want that to happen and am debating putting it back on so of anyone knows or hAd this happen please let me know thank you

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
i ripped mine off when i bought the car in 2005 and my paint is not bubbling. and i have quite a bit of heat under the hood

·
Registered
258 Posts
Took mine off about 3 years ago and no problems, the hood doesnt really get that hot, maybe about the same as sitting in direct sun in the middle of summer.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
mine steams quite a bit in the rain and melts the snow off in the winter but doesn't harm the paint.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mine steams quite a bit in the rain and melts the snow off in the winter but doesn't harm the paint.
Lol ok good I don't care about that just as long as my paint is good but what colors our your guys cars mine black the best to attract heat

·
Registered
248 Posts
mine came off about a year ago and i haven't noticed any problems.

also i spraypainted the underside with high-temp engine paint. you might want to consider doing this, to protect the parts that didn't get a coat at the factory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts