SaabCentral Forums banner

Hoen review... I like them *DUW*

3174 26
Well, I put the new HID like lights in the car and I must say I am impressed. I have friends with the Silverstar bulbs but I like these better. As far as driving visability, there is a little less light put on the road but it is barely noticable. Here are the pics..





1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did not do the high beams. I don't use them that often, and when I do use them there is no one else on the road (proper high beam etiquette). So the question is, if you have cool headlights and there is no one around to see them do they really exist?
I changed the lows, fogs, city lights, and installed the silvania turn indicators. I didn't like the ones Hoes offered, they were still to orange.

To anyone who changed their turn indicators.. PY21W did you notice that the small bump on the lightbulb casing did not match up with the factory offset on their turn signals. I just jammed mine in. Am I the only one?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,530 Posts
Jerry03Arc said:
I did not do the high beams. I don't use them that often, and when I do use them there is no one else on the road (proper high beam etiquette). So the question is, if you have cool headlights and there is no one around to see them do they really exist?
I changed the lows, fogs, city lights, and installed the silvania turn indicators. I didn't like the ones Hoes offered, they were still to orange.

To anyone who changed their turn indicators.. PY21W did you notice that the small bump on the lightbulb casing did not match up with the factory offset on their turn signals. I just jammed mine in. Am I the only one?
I guess that's a good point - though if the high beams offered better coverage (not sure?), they'd be worth changing.

These are the ones you got, correct?
http://www.hoen-usa.com/fog2.htm

You used the H7 fogs for headlights? I assume that because the price matches what you paid, and the others don;t....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jet 9-3 said:
You used the H7 fogs for headlights? I assume that because the price matches what you paid, and the others don;t....
I don't know why they list the H7 as fogs as well as the H3, but yes it is listed as H7 fog. (It is the standard H7 mounting and headlight bulb size, they just name it wierd)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
895 Posts
hahahaha... wow, thats a HUGE difference! lol, may be a more effective before & after if ya take em at night!;)


ive already got silverstars, i just wanna see them side by side, like he already posted. just w/ the silvers and the hoens.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
437 Posts
Jerry03,
The H3 fog housing looks different on the HOEN site. Since you have done this change, do the bulb and housing fit and mount correctly in the fog holder? The Manual is not very clear on how to get at the fogs. what do I do there?

Also, Your ARC does not have Xenons?

Also, without running out to my car, are the city lights, the little inside ones that are yellower than my Xenons?

I would love to make these changes.

Thanks
E
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,170 Posts
M4Gunner said:
hahahaha... wow, thats a HUGE difference! lol, may be a more effective before & after if ya take em at night!;)


ive already got silverstars, i just wanna see them side by side, like he already posted. just w/ the silvers and the hoens.
There actually is a huge difference if you look ... he clearly changed the signal lights ... :cheesy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
platypus said:
Jerry03,
The H3 fog housing looks different on the HOEN site. Since you have done this change, do the bulb and housing fit and mount correctly in the fog holder? The Manual is not very clear on how to get at the fogs. what do I do there?

Also, Your ARC does not have Xenons?

Also, without running out to my car, are the city lights, the little inside ones that are yellower than my Xenons?

I would love to make these changes.

Thanks
E
The H3 bulbs fit perfectly. There is no housing difference.

Unfortunately my Acr does not have Xeons:cry:

the stock city lights are very yellow looking even compared to the standard halogen. Swapping them out will make a huge difference. When you are ready to make the switch and I will post simple instructions to removing the city lights as it has been a problem for many on here.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top