SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished my head light, fog light, city light, and front corner lamp upgrade and am very happy with the results. I went with the following lights:

H7 headlamp- Hoen Xenonmatch Titanium. These were $49 for the pair and are very nice. I was expecting to lose light output on the road with these lamps, but I swear the output seems to have gotten better. These headlights are 4300k and illuminate as close to real xenon’s as I’ve ever seen. They are 70 watt bulbs, but the Hoen website states that upgrading the connecters aren’t necessary with these lights. I am very happy with these lights and would recommend them to anyone.

H3 fog lights- Hoen H3 fog. These were $29 for the pair and match my H7 Hoens very nicely.

City light- PIAA W5W platinum super white. I paid $13 for the pair. I’ve read that the LED city lights can look too bright, so I went with these. These bulbs aren’t overly bright at all. They have a very slight shade of blue, but the light isn’t distracting next to the Hoen Titaniums. These city lights are rated at 3800k. Although I’m happy with the look of these city lights, the PIAA Xtreme whites may have a slightly less blue output as they are rated at 4150k. Either would be a good fit but I will try the Xtreme whites next.

Front corner lamp- Silvervision PY21W. I paid $20 for the pair. Besides the driving lights, this was the most noticeable upgrade. I was ecstatic to get those ugly yellow OEM bulbs out. These lights look great!

Conclusion: 120 bucs and two hours of your time will result in a much better looking Saab. I'm not sure how to post pics, but if you want to see the results PM me your email address and I will get them to you when I get a chance.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey dbuono14,

Do you have clear corner lenses or the stock yellow ones?
If you have the clear lenses where did you get them?

I've been looking (not very hard...but hey I've been looking) and can't seem to locate them. Any input is appreciated.

Sounds like the bulb updates you did turned out pretty well.

I recently added yellow city lights. My headlights are on all the time so you can't really tell...:confused:
Do you have your lights on all the time?

This friday I plan on going to the dealer (Saab of Troy, Mi.) to get some tech II items done. I really want them turn off my headlights and set fogs to ROW, comfort open if it'll work on mine.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the clear lenses. I bought all my lights from http://www.ambulbs.com/products/page.php?pageKey=1

And
http://www.hoen-usa.com/plus.htm

I still have my DRL's on. I will get the tech II work done to turn them off when I take my car in for it's first servicing. Hopefully my technician will use "rest of the world" setting so I don't lose my fog lights. Some dealers won't do it because this setting allows you to have your fogs on along with your high beams which is illegal. If he says NO I'll just have to slip him some $$$$ :cheesy:

If anyone out there wants to see the pictures of my car just PM me your email address. The pictures I took really shows the difference between the Hoen lights and the OEM lights. Unless someone explains to me how to post pictures in this forum this is the only way :roll:

·
Registered
71 Posts
hey db,

Where did you get the clear corner lenses, not bulb, lense (the one in the front bumper strip) from?

Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SFC9-3,

Sorry I didn't mean to confuse you.... I have the clear corner bulbs that go in the front headlight assembly.

As far as the bumper strip goes, I just bought the solid black piece from http://www.genuinesaab.com/. I just ordered it so it should be here in a couple of days. I have not seen anyone that makes a clear lense for the bumper strip. I think the solid black piece will look sharp, probably better than a clear lense.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, I just left the OEM high beams in. Can't justify spending the money when I only use them for a minute here and there. Plus who would see them :cheesy:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts