SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put my Hoen bulb (1 set of H3 for fog light and 1 set of 5w5 for city/parking light)

I'm happy with my fog light :cheesy: but very desapointed with 5W5:nono; . Those one are just standard W5W with blue paint on it...so it's looking very blue compare on my original Bi-Xenon...for 18$ it's expensive and I don't like the look so I think I'll return with the stock one and will move it on the side signal turn. :roll:

6$ would be ok for that but not 18$ + shipping!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
w5w

It's now confirm, the w5w bulb from Hoen are simply standard bulb with blue paint on it...after 3 days one of them have already losing 75% of is bleu cover...so now the bulb look yellow like the stock one.:evil:

Very desapointed! 18$ for that!!!Hope my H3 (fog light) will not have the same problem.:nono;

I just email Hoen and ask them to refund of my w5w. I will let you know!

·
Registered
155 Posts
i totally agree with the comment about the w5w bulbs. they are horrible. i tried them out - seemed ok... then the next day i took a look and the whole bulb was almost burning. the blue coating was getting hot from the bulb and tarnishing.

and the silver reflector around the bulb has almost a smoked look coming from where the bulb was. garbage.

i do think that they were going to be too blue anyway. i need to get some decent city bulbs that are less blue now.

the fogs seem good though...

·
Registered
910 Posts
How do you think these w5w city lights would look?

PIAA168 Super LED Blue/White

Remind me? Are the city lights and side markers both w5w?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MarkJ said:
How do you think these w5w city lights would look?

PIAA168 Super LED Blue/White

Yes good idea! I think they will perfecly match my xenon headlamp.

And BTW, Hoen send me a email that they will refund me for the bad one if I return it...But i have to pay for shipping!!!:roll:

·
Registered
910 Posts
I have Hoen city lights too, I have my daytime running lights turned off via Tech II and since it's still daylight after work I've been keeping my headlight use to a minimum.

I wonder if they will burn out like yours did... I'm keeping an eye on them.

·
Registered
910 Posts
My Hoen city lights burned off their blue coating off as well, anyone try out the LED W5W lights?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I had LEDs in there for a while but they were much, much, much whiter than the blue coated H7 bulbs I have in my projectors. They didn't match at all. I bet they'd look a lot better next to true Xenon headlamps. They looked like total rice with regular halogens.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts