SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
I would cut my stock springs before I ever even thought of buying those.

·
Registered
168 Posts
interesting.....slosaab has a point though, you do tend to get what you pay for. But that price is hard to ignore, even if they do last for only a year...

·
Registered
498 Posts
interesting.....slosaab has a point though, you do tend to get what you pay for. But that price is hard to ignore, even if they do last for only a year...
Have fun blowing your struts out. Back in my Chevy cavalier days if you got eBay garbage the spring rates were not correct they were sorta universal. Now if you don't use the correct rates your struts won't last to long... I'd still rather save up and get the eibachs and not worry if they are correct or not because they will be.... I have zero regret getting the eibachs. On factory springs they ride just like stock so far. Get the eBay ones and you'll bounce on every single bump in the road small or not, and when the struts blow it will feel like a hay wagon..... Again you get what you pay for....

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey I have Megan's and they sagged like a champ. Struts and suspension is the same as the day I got the car. I'd try these if I can get 80 ppl to donate 1 dollar.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Why does everyone on here like eibach... overpriced and saggy on every application. 1. Vogtland 2. Tanabe (unfortunately none for saab) 3. meg

·
Registered
622 Posts
I'm preparred to get hated on right now; however, chances are that a company like maptun, despite a good repution, springs wouldn't be much better than the ebay springs. They're probably "made to maptun specifications in a factory elsewhere(china)."

·
Registered
622 Posts
Exactly. If Springs are relatively easy job to do if you have an impact wrench and rent some compressors. If you lower a car you're going to be replacing shocks a lot more anyway so if you want to take an 80 dollar gamble then I don't see why not. **** I'll be the guinea pig... lets think about august. The only thing I pay money for are Vogtland. I know they're good and they're extremely high quality.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haha I like you. If you get them you should bring the car to a Mt Cobb meet.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Haha I like you. If you get them you should bring the car to a Mt Cobb meet.
I will.. Where and when I'm going to attempt driving for the first time tomorrow for the first time in 3 months (broken back/hip/pelvis) and I've been walking again for about a week. I'm hungry for some pavement

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ahhhh you broke yourself aye

We meet right off the mt cobb exit at the truck stop. Plenty of room to not get yelled at. Theres been alot of shows going on in scranton and wilkes barre so we havent been up there in a few weeks.

·
Registered
622 Posts
If you guys are doing anything this weekend I'll meet up with you guys. I need some saab friends lol All I have is asian import friends.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I just don't understand why eibach, H&R, or vogtland couldn't have made just a slightly more agressive drop (other than the fabled 45mm H&Rs that nobody has or can get). I took out my megans and replaced them with vogtlands, don't get me wrong, they feel like a much higher quality spring (coating was still on them even in the box!!! ;)) but they are about 1/4-1/2" higher than the Megans. It's annoying spending that much money and then having a less favorable stance.

·
Registered
622 Posts
By less favorable you mean? Vogtlands take a few months to break in and settle from experience.. how long have they been on in miles? I had vogtlands on for years and they never showed wear. On most vehicles dropping below a certain amount is actually quite detrimental

1 - 20 of 23 Posts