SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Interesting point re the wheel clearance Chris - see below from the Hirsch website (red font is mine for emphasis):

"The enhanced chassis builds on the strengths of the original Saab 9-5 Aero design and takes them a step further. It lowers your frame by 10 mm, shifting the car's centre of gravity closer to the road like a sports car."

Can something that is obviously not lowered be truly Hirsched? I wonder about this thing...

Caveat emptor!

And is Hirsched a verb?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
I think its an ECU, intercooler and air filter upgrade only and I guess (would insisit) they can prove its installation, but it does look too high for Aero suspension doesnt it?

·
Registered
431 Posts
bobsaab said:
Interesting point re the wheel clearance Chris - see below from the Hirsch website (red font is mine for emphasis):

"The enhanced chassis builds on the strengths of the original Saab 9-5 Aero design and takes them a step further. It lowers your frame by 10 mm, shifting the car's centre of gravity closer to the road like a sports car."

Can something that is obviously not lowered be truly Hirsched? I wonder about this thing...

Caveat emptor!

And is Hirsched a verb?
My aero is lowered by about 10mm cause ive got 215s on it ;)
If i had a spare 5 big ones, then i would buy that as a spare , the hirsh packs themselves are 2700 pounds . The mileage seems nice and low, all in all i seems to good to be true, maybe theres something major near to popping.

The wheel arches may be a bit of optical illusion with camera angle and its hard to see the tyre sizes on there.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts

I WANT THESE BADGES!!!!! Where or how do you get them????!!! OMG they are hotness!!! :eek: I have never seen black and silver Saab badges before!

Any ideas, guys? ;)

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
something not right about the previous oweners :lol:

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
I got these in black/silver from Ebay. They are the older style with both Saab and Scania on, they are available in 50 & 60mm for about £8 for a set of 4.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thedriver said:
The wheel arches may be a bit of optical illusion with camera angle and its hard to see the tyre sizes on there.
Agree with that comment.

My question is, how can it be a 1999 model year 9-5 Aero and modified by Hirsch when Saab didn't introduce the 9-5 Aero until the 2000 model year?

·
Registered
431 Posts
moronputz said:
Agree with that comment.

My question is, how can it be a 1999 model year 9-5 Aero and modified by Hirsch when Saab didn't introduce the 9-5 Aero until the 2000 model year?
In the uk , the aero was available in 99, as i looked at a 99 aero before i got my 2000 aero.

But i think in some other continents, it was 2000 before they got it ?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Hey Kermit, could we have a close up of the emblem of yours?
They look very nice in the pic. :D

So far I've found nothing on ebay, ebay uk, ebay canada... This is going to drive me mad.:evil:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I would guess from the date of first registration, and the high spec for a UK car (electric seats, SPA, elec. sunroof, AS3 etc) that this would be an ex-dealer demo Aero from when they first came out. IIRC, the Aero was introduced for MY00, which would have meant UK dealers getting the first ones in Aug/Sept 99.

The only Hirsch bits appear to be the 280hp kit, and maybe the mesh grille.

It hasn't got the Hirsch suspension on it, but as the Hirsch suspension and brake kit, 18" wheels etc only form part of the 305hp pack (hence the high price of that package) so, if only going the lesser 280hp route it's not required that the other bits have to be fitted as well.....;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, it had no takers, even at that price. I would have had it, but with 7hrs notice, no time to get shut of the Mrs' 106 GTI! What surprised me is that whoever had this car before obviously loved it and went to the trouble of getting the badges swapped etc. - you'd have thought he'd have found this website (assuming they weren't technophobic?) or that someone here would know this car - there can't be too many like this around the little old UK.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts