SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am going to get the Hirsch upgrade for my Estate Vector Sport 2.0t 95 2007 build. It has 4000 miles on the clock so is a little worn in now and the saab dealers in Nottingham have an offer till Dec 31st for 750 for the upgrade (software only).

So apparently an hour later i will have 60 BHP. Anyone got any advice about handling the power apart from the obvious watch out on the corners etc...

Also i wanted to get take off my 2.0t badge and put on a hirsch badge in crome letters, has anyone seen one of these as i cannot find anything on the web.

Thanks

Daniel

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

they look pretty cool i will bear that in mine. However, it is a shame that they don't do lower case . I may keep looking a little further. Maybe someone does the lower as well. I will have to look!

I kinda wanted "Hirsh" with a capital H and italic style.

Also how did you get the old letters off?

Thanks

Daniel

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
djrpowell said:
I kinda wanted "Hirsh" with a capital H and italic style.
You can get lower case, just search about ................ plus:

You might want to spell HIRSCH correctly ;)

Just pull / peel them off, use a little thinners on any glue - best if the badge / paintwork is warm / hot so you could use a hair dryer?

Ohhhhhhhhh - GOLD!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GOLD-3D-CHROME-SELF-ADHESIVE-LETTERS-SUBARU-TOYOTA_W0QQitemZ310007818896QQihZ021QQcategoryZ72211QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
What's wrong with the pukka Hirsch Performance badge you can get from the dealer......:confused:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes it makes sense. I asked him today when i got the upgrade. However, the dealer parts man made a good point why attract attention but for the dust as you pass other cars!

He said that he knew of some people who had got them ripped off or attempted theft due to badge. I think i will leave it.

However, i can report the following after the 60BHP extra!

Car is faster to pull away but does not spin the wheels or burn rubber. In 3 or 4 gear between 40-60 if you get to 3-4000 RPM it has a lot more poke. If you hit 60 and get the turbo right on the RPM it has a little push which is noticable but not silly!

Overall i am disappointed as i had built up the upgrade to be amazing in my mind. However, in hindsight i am impressed with Hirsch. They have made a safe estate car a little bit faster without compromising my handling and wear on the car. I suppose that i cannot expect a 350 BHP type of rip roaring performance from my car and the associated lurch with turbo when you are flat to the floor. But the real question is that with a 1 year old and 2 year old baby in back i really only wanted a bit more overtalking speed to be quick and safe not to be silly. Also i want to top 250,000 Miles in my car without needing a new engine!

Well done Hirsch.

I would reccomend to anyone!

For Information to other upgraders!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Congratulations for the new toy,in fact I don't believe that you will stay with this one only:cheesy:.
We all had passed through mileage,gas consumption and safety driving .Once you used to have it ,power become insufficient aaaaand it is time for the next Stage.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
djrpowell said:
Overall i am disappointed as i had built up the upgrade to be amazing in my mind!
I can relate to that. My first ever upgrade was a Stage 1 from maptun, i had read these forums to death and spent weeks working out the cost per bhp increase between all the tuners and then plumpt for Maptun due to the reported smoothness of the power delivery.

But once installed it was so deceptively smooth it kinda didnt feel impressive......

To be honest the Maptun Stage 2 wasnt much better........

I then did a deal with a fellow forum member on his speed parts stage 4 - now that had some kick :p

The trick now for me is from time to time drive another 9-5 especially an aero - then get back into my own car and "feel" the difference!

plus my wife has a 1.4 Clio so thats quite good at putting mine into perspective too ;)

·
Registered
527 Posts
Yes stage 1 could be described as a little disappointing in a way - its not a Hirsch thing. You would think extra 60bhp is going to make the car a mean machine, but in reality it just peps it up a little.

Its very interesting that final 'push' you get from the little garrett turbo at about 5.5k revs - its the same with BSR and Nordic from experience. It would be nice to have that kick a little lower down the rev range.

Having said all of this ive gone from a stage 6 equivalent in my old car to a stage 1 in my new car - all I wanted was that extra bit of pep, and I knew a stage 1 would do it.

Ive also bought an autobox...........stage 1 and an auto - I must be getting old.
P

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actually i think i may be wrong. At first i was too gentle with the throttle. I have now had a couple of trips out and i have been a bit keener on the revs. If you get between 3-4,000 RPM in 3/4th gear and keep on going there is a lot of power. Also the road was a lot clearer and i managed to get up to speed. It is a lot better than before.

Overall i am happy with the £750 spend and as it only has 5k on the clock i know i am safe for 2 more years if there is a problem. I think that i could enjoy mroe but as it is only a 2.0t with lower quality pistons etc.. compared to the aero then i am happier with the lower power. I don't want to blow my engine as i have already forked out 18k for the car to start with. Just nice to be able to overtake most lesser cars on the road.

Also i would say thanks to Saab Central and all the chaps for the advice. I did not get an aero from new as i would have to pay nearly £30,000 but the vector sport cost £17k plus upgrade so i have saved loads but got nearly the same car in most stuff. As said i am transporting two little children most of the time so overtaking safely is more my idea than taking it around the track!

Anyway as said i would go for the Hirsch again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts