SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After posting the pictures from the AMI (see Thread: Many pics from the Saab 9-3 Sport-Combi from the AMI 2005 ) some more infos I got from Saab at the motor show:

- There will be a Hirsch Step 1 for the new V6 Engine. Boosting it to 300 bhp. :eek: :cheesy: This has been told by the Saab Representative on the show. The release of the Step 1 is not know until now, but I guess it will be released next year. Saab is allready in contact with Hirsch.

- Another inofficial info: It seems as if Saab knows the problem of high power engines and front-wheel driven cars. They take this serious. On the question if Saab will be producing an AWD version the Saab rep was "diving away" from the question and saying something like: "We know the problem and we are in development of an AWD version but when it will be released and if it wil be released I can't tell - even if I know it". So something like and hide-and-seek to conceal company internas. But it was like an inoffical "yes, we are developing an AWD version". So let's hope and let's wait what Saab will release in the next 1 oder 2 years. ;)

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I recall at the time of the release of the first 93SS's, Saab saying there would be a 300bhp Hirsch upgrade available. Still waiting on that one. Although I think the V6 would be closer to reality on that one.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess the V6 with it's default 250 bhp will be easy to tune. He said that it will only be a Software update to kick it up to 300 bhp. So no special things like exhaust etc..

But with 300 bhp I guess you have to get every two years new front tires. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts