SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a false start (see window malfunction thread) I now have a 150bhp 1.9 Diesel Vector on order. Allied to an Aero spoiler and sports suspension I'm going for the Hirsch performance upgrade.

Not a lot of info. available but apparently we're looking at +25bhp and torque up to an impressive 370Nm. Any one got first hand experience of this kit ?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I think you'l be the firts person on the forum to have the Hirsch diesel upgrade if you went for it. The only other person who has upgraded a 150bhp tid (to my knowledge) is gjdavies. He went for a Tunit upgrade (a plug in dongle) and was getting improved fuel econony and 190bhp - for less than £400.00 (search 'tunit' and i'm sure youll find the discussion thread).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that. Have just received figures from Hirsch. 0-100kph in 8.3 secs and 0-160kph in 22.5 secs, this knocks 1.2 and 5.5 secs respectively off the standard car's figures and I guess puts you into petrol 2.0T territory.

What interests me more is : 60-100kph in 4th gear = 6.1 secs
80-120kph in 5th = 7.7 secs.

OK the off-the-mark figures are hardly electrifying but those mid-range acceleration figures match (or even beat) an Aero quite comfortably.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Beats an Aero 6Sp mid range!:D

·
Registered
749 Posts
Hirsch would be the only way to go if you would like to keep the warrenty on your car, it's more expensive then Tunit and others but then again it's a small price to pay if something goes wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts