1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,372 Posts
Good luck with that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm looking for a set of 18" Hirsch wheels (and tires if you have) appropriate for a 2007 Aero V6 Convertible that has a STOCK suspension and does NOT have the hirsch steering reducer installed.

Troy Moritz

Chicago, IL

PM or email dtroymoritz at gmail or 847-833-one four two two

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm looking for a set of 18" Hirsch wheels (and tires if you have) appropriate for a 2007 Aero V6 Convertible that has a STOCK suspension and does NOT have the hirsch steering reducer installed.

Troy Moritz

Chicago, IL

PM or email dtroymoritz at gmail or 847-833-one four two two
what is a Hirsch steering reducer?

·
Registered
11 Posts
For some of their larger wheels you had to put a steering column restricter in to prevent the wheels from rotating too great in their travel. (e.g. Don't want a 19" wheel to rub the fenders which they will without reducing the steering travel)

·
Super Moderator
20,372 Posts
I have never heard of this. Others run 19s just fine without any modifications.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Diggs, don't kill the messenger. :)

I've not tried 19s. Hirsch says you need a Hirsch part that restricts wheel travel to use 19s on a 9-3 aero to prevent rubbing and they made such a product.

Point being, I don't want to chance arguing with the OEM when they say 19 Hirsch wheels won't work without modification. So I'm looking for 18s.

·
Super Moderator
20,372 Posts
Diggs, don't kill the messenger. :)

I've not tried 19s. Hirsch says you need a Hirsch part that restricts wheel travel to use 19s on a 9-3 aero to prevent rubbing and they made such a product.

Point being, I don't want to chance arguing with the OEM when they say 19 Hirsch wheels won't work without modification. So I'm looking for 18s.
Ok. Can you send a link to such part? I'd be interested to see what they are talking about. Perhaps they are talking about wheel spacers because that is all I can think of. Depending on the wheel specs this may be the case (have not seen this ever needed before), but you can buy spacers from anyone. Lots of people run them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts