SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to those who don't use mpg. I see there is readership in other countries.

Today, my SID showed 56.8 mpg! Too bad I didn't take a photo.

To be honest, it happened after filling up and resetting the SID. I then drove down a long steep hill. Pulling out of the filling station, it showed 9.4 mpg but then kept increasing. When I started driving on flat ground it sank back to 40.1 mpg when my trip ended.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Finch 93 said:
Sorry to those who don't use mpg. I see there is readership in other countries.
Just a note, this happens to be a UK based forum, we Yanks are the guests and one of the "Other Countries".

·
Registered
508 Posts
55 MPG (us measurement) doing about 75 on highway drafting behind a truck. Was running behind him for about 1/2 hour and and that is where it stablized at.

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
fishzine said:
55 MPG (us measurement)
Fishzine is noting that his SID is set to reflect measurements based on the US gallon.

It is always useful to verify that your SID is programmed correctly and to report the standard you are using. The UK gallon is about 20% larger than the US gallon!

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
aerojon said:
Other way round...:cool:

Uk gallon 1 /Us gallon 1.20..:)
You answered your own (sort of) question.

1 imperial gallon = 1.200 949 926 gallon [US, liquid]
OR
1 gallon [US, liquid] = 0.832 674 185 imperial gallon

Either way the imp. gallon is larger.

·
Registered
101 Posts
A contest then as in the initial thread!!

Alrighty then!! A contest.

Fill your tanks, reset your SID, track consumption for four weeks. Take a pic of mileage in MPG and km/liter. The best mileage wins our undying gratitude and envy!! Start December 1st!! This way, we get average mileage, everyone travels during the holiday so can mix hwy vs. city. If we also report miles and km driven, we can also know how many miles make up the sample. Also report the type of driving that you do? I believe our SID's will report the alternate unit by simply switching to English vs. metric so its easy to report both.

Any takers????? :p

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I am jealousa of all you guys I just got the PCV Update and I still gt crappy mileage in the city the last time I check i got under 16mpg in city and probably about 20 on the highway.

·
Registered
60 Posts
No lie, 438.x

I don't remember the decimal value. I just filled up in Orrville, OH where I work and reset the trip computer going down a hill outside of town. I flashed 438.x and then rapidy declined.

Pretty cool even if it was a glitch!

·
Registered
101 Posts
My first Saab was a '99 9-5SE. You have something bad happening. I used to get about 19-20 in town and 26-28 on the highway.

The issue could be driving style. Are you putting your foot into it constantly???? This could create your plight too.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
lol i drive my car like the police is after me...all the time...not that they are but..sometimes I get fedup of driving fast and i just rellax but I think I need toi change my fuel filter even though I did it over the summer.

·
Registered
128 Posts
SID varies

I've actually had a reading of 60.3 mpg for a few minutes that quickly changed to 40.1 mpg and stayed constant at 33.5 for 10 mins. at 70 mph. Don't know about the MY 08s, but my MY 07 SC gets great mileage (especially for the size and weight of the vehicle).

·
Registered
317 Posts
vf171 said:
No lie, 438.x

I don't remember the decimal value. I just filled up in Orrville, OH where I work and reset the trip computer going down a hill outside of town. I flashed 438.x and then rapidy declined.

Pretty cool even if it was a glitch!
Not really a glitch. I can roll down the side of a mountain in neutral at about 90mph and reset the SID and it will read crazy numbers until I put it back in gear.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts