SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The issue im having is that at WOT at around 5700ish RPM at around 16psi the car just cuts out like its hitting the rev limiter BUT I have a Jak Stoll chip and the RPM is at 7k. Mods include T3/T4 turbo, big downpipe, FMIC, Intake, 3.0 Bar FPR, and T5 injectors. My pal ran a similar setup on his SPG without this issue.

I thought at first it was Overboost cut, but it stays at 16 PSI from 4k to 5700 and then cuts out. I also eliminated it with the appropriate resistor in the AMM harness. I also have an A/F gauge and at the time of cut im at about 12:1 which is down right great for fuel.

It is NOT knock, I have a knock LED that deffinetly works and I run MBC with the APC functioning as a knock detector only.

Now if I go say 85%-90% foot to the floor It won't cut like this, im still hovering around 16 psi but I don't get the cut.

I also am running timing at 15* BTDC.

What could possibilities be? Am I blowing spark out? Could my ignition be failing? Im at a complete loss.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Have you checked plug gap? Does it need to be smaller? Sorry thats the limit of my knowledge in the high boost c900 department.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have an update, I bought a MSD blaster coil and some new wires and plugs. Installed the coil and plugs with a gap of .025" and cut went from 5500 to 6k. So now with the new high current wires im building it will fix the problem. All i have been reading about is change your wires etc etc so thats what im going to do. Lets see, any other suggestions??

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I do have an update, I bought a MSD blaster coil and some new wires and plugs. Installed the coil and plugs with a gap of .025" and cut went from 5500 to 6k. So now with the new high current wires im building it will fix the problem. All i have been reading about is change your wires etc etc so thats what im going to do. Lets see, any other suggestions??
How are the cap and rotor? Does it feel like a total cutout or misfire?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont think its fuel cutting because I have an af gauge and its at like 12:1 and I defeated overboost cut out. If I go any higher than 16 lbs it will cut at 5500 I will hit boost level and for a few thousand rpm then it will cut at 5500 everytime. Timing is 15 deg before retard with stock advance capsule. No knock. I think the turbo is too big and the AMM cant read as much flow as im putting through. I think my only option is t5. Im going to put a msd btm on and see if that does anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts