SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have just bought a 2001 9-3 SE 5D 2.0T - I’m trying to work out if this model is supposed to be a low or high pressure turbo version ?
thanks
Troy

·
Registered
771 Posts
Try entering the VIN in the search field top left of the home page www.thesaabsite.com and select "further information" or whatever. It tells you the spec when it left the factory.
Generally, big "T" meant high output turbo, little "t" was light pressure turbo. (It did on the 9-5 anyway...)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Normally SE 9-3's are associated with HOT but the best way to tell is look at your VIN numbers.
There is a post 'HOT or Not? .. where this is discussed in detail.
Basically .. The 8th digit should be a 'K' normally for the B205R.
See breakdown: YS3 is before the codes below. This is for my 2000 9-3 Aero.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My engine is a B205E - it says in the Saab site - engine output = low output so I guess that means low pressure turbo ? My 8th digit is a C . Thanks for the help

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wasn’t expecting the feel of my my 1992 900i 16v turbo but I knew something was up ! Ahh the Saab turbo of yesteryear !

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
It's easy enough to fix... download t7suite and use either a factory FPT tune, or install an upgrade one. Easy peasy!

·
Registered
16,909 Posts
I seem to recall that the Euro LPT is also missing some hardware... BPCv perhaps? I think you have to source one of those and the hoses. You could use the ECU from a standard (185HP) turbo and just match the components with a Tech II... or do what Jvan suggested and have a tune loaded or your ECU or a spare. Personally, I might try to get a standard factory tune running first ia a new ECU (so you have the original to go back to). You could then make sure you have a solid base before trying to step up further to a stage 1 or higher tune.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts