SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 Linear(auto) with 123k miles and will be getting the ecu flashed-tuned this weekend by BCB. So far I have not had any failures besides the routine suspension and maintenance stuff. Is it to late in the game to get a tune done? So far the performance type mods done has been diy open air intake and magnaflow muffler.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I don't see where you would have any problems as long as it's in good shape and have always taken care of it with maintenance. A lot of companies that make this aftermarket stuff don't do it to brand new cars they do development on cars that are a lot older. If you really want to make sure run a compression test to make sure you're engine is ok to begin with, usually if there are any problems they'll show up here first. You could also pull the turbo off to make sure that there is no shaft play or anything on it. Lots of things you could do to check but those are a few examples.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats good news!
I did a compression test almost 2 years ago on this car and everything tested within spec, since then I put on approximately 20k miles so hopefully nothing changed. I am currently living in a apartment complex that will not allow me to do car work in the parking lot, so pulling the turbo will have to wait until I am back home in KC next month.

Thanks for the help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts