SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:

On my 1990 SPG, it has been having stalling intermittently. A couple of times while on the freeway, it has cut out and lost ignition for less than a second, but a couple of days ago it stalled on the freeway so that I had to pull over. While on the side of the road, I measured voltage at the distributor connector and got more than ten volts. After five minutes or so of no restart, it finally restarted.

Tonight, I started the car and the idle stayed over 1000 RPM and would not come down. I unplugged the AIC valve (that I had cleaned a couple of weeks earlier) and it made no difference. After about five minutes of this, it stalled and would not restart. Again, I measured voltage and it was above 10 volts. After a few minutes it restarted and idled normally. It then ran for ten to fifteen minutes at a nice idle and did not stall.

What could cause both a high idle and stalling? I have been all set to replace the distributor, but I wonder what your opinions are on this set of problems, before I do.

Thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did replace the the distributor with one that I a cleaned and repaired. It only had the black wire cut by the Hall wheel when the connector came loose. So far it runs fine, but we will see what additional miles bring.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts