SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

I've been getting an error code P0638, which kind folks here tell me and research on this board denotes dislodged pins in connector H42-2. However, I am unable to find any information on the location of this connector (besides somewhere under the battery tray). Can anyone please point me to the exact location of this connector and advise me of the best way to get at it? Does anyone have a picture, is the connector marked?

Thanks,
Cordell

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...

Thanks I saw that but was still unsure... Is this the correct connector (picture below)? If so, I know this is probably a dumb question, but how do I disconnect it?

Thanks,
Cordell

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,863 Posts
To remove the connector, stick a flat head screwdriver in between the red part and the black part, the pry the red part out. Then remove the connector.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Progress... I think.

Thank you very much, I figured it out after several minutes of staring at it... Unfortunately I damaged the red clip you pry up on and it proved to be quite the hassle to get the side closest to the fender to release. After fighting with it for a while, it appears there were no dislodged pins... Back to the drawing board... Or am I not seeing something (picture below)?

Regards,
Cordell

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm positive the intermittent problems I've been having with P2135 is due to H42-2 connector problems that has been eluded to time after time in various threads. What kind of pin extractor tool is necessary to remove pins(male and female)? Can replacement pins be found at GM parts or Rock Auto?
Once I clean up these connectors, I'll let yo know my results.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts