SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone actually done this swap (HID to halogen) in a '06-10 9-5? It looks like and I've heard that it's a straight swap but a indie I respect wonders if it would cause a computer problem. I assume there would be no link to the self-leveling with h7 units but that might cause computer confusion as it might look for confirmation from the levelers. If so, could a tech II fix the problem? Let me know please before I invest in the driver side headlight I am still looking for.
Thanks

·
Registered
8,027 Posts
Has anyone actually done this swap (HID to halogen) in a '06-10 9-5? It looks like and I've heard that it's a straight swap but a indie I respect wonders if it would cause a computer problem. I assume there would be no link to the self-leveling with h7 units but that might cause computer confusion as it might look for confirmation from the levelers. If so, could a tech II fix the problem? Let me know please before I invest in the driver side headlight I am still looking for.
Thanks
As far as I know, the level sensors communicate only to the ballast modules in each HID headlight. If there's a problem, a signal from the module goes to light the levelling lamp on the dashboard.

I think that if you have just the halogen headlights installed, none of this will happen. The HID ballasts are on the bus, but I don't think that any other device cares whether they are there or not.

Simple way would be to disconnect the headlights entirely, and see if the dash warning light comes on. If it doesn't, then it won't if the halogens are installed.

I have a pair of halogens to test one of these days, but that day is not today.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Here is a recent thread....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts