SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally got around to installing my $30 35W H3 kit from DDM Tuning. I destroyed 2 of my son's sippycup to make some kind of protection for the fog assembly from the elements. I also decided to brighten up the fogs a little bit with the 3M Lens restoration kit...they look way better no than the old pitted look...btw, the regular H3 kit will fit...you just have to push the interior shield forward a little.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Nice, looks good in the pics. What bulb color did you get? I see they have 3000K-12000K? Does it match the HID headlights?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I finally got around to installing my $30 35W H3 kit from DDM Tuning. I destroyed 2 of my son's sippycup to make some kind of protection for the fog assembly from the elements. I also decided to brighten up the fogs a little bit with the 3M Lens restoration kit...they look way better no than the old pitted look...btw, the regular H3 kit will fit...you just have to push the interior shield forward a little.
Got a step by step? I want to do this.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got a step by step? I want to do this.
As far as the kit it is very much plug and play...you get the power from the existing wires if you already have foglights installed. Once you start or look under there you will notice that the protective (the brown cap in my picture) cap if almost flush against the housing leaving no room for the HID. You can leave the cap off and be done with it and basically expose the fog housing to the elements or do what I did and cover it up. After I had cut up the blue cup, I noticed that I could have and should have used the clear plastic housing that was with the HID designed to protect the bulb from damage. If you have the kit you will know what I'm talking about. It will only become clear when you actually start the project but what you will need is a dremel or some form of cutter...glue/sealant or auto putty.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Great work!
Car looks really good too...mo pics please? :cool:

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
for $30, this is very tempting. i would go with 3500k also. good work

BTW, is the 35w kit any brighter than the OEM fogs?
Well, its $30 for me because I can walk into their store and buy it...but I think you will get charge around $12 for shipping?? As for the brightness...even though it is 35W it is putting out a lot more light than halogen could ever do...people don't recommend the 55w in fog light housing because of limited space for ventilation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts