SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone try these off of ebay? i wanted to try one of these kits ut i wanted to check around to see how they worked.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
yes, I got mine off ebay, the specific one is:

Link

Like I said I got them off ebay so they were chepaer than listed here.

If you want any advice or tips Id be happy to help you.

edit: if you do get these, or something similar, make sure you tell them you need the dual filament bulbs that replace a 9003 bulb. The H7 they have listed on the site is in correct for our vehicles.
Learned that the hard way.

·
Banned
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, then im going to get ome. now back to what you said sleeper, we have the 9003 bulbs? so i need to make sure thats what i get?

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have a few friends who have bought these kits and with patience installing them, they look really good and have lasted for years.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
jonny72888 said:
ok, then im going to get ome. now back to what you said sleeper, we have the 9003 bulbs? so i need to make sure thats what i get?
No, for HIDs they call it something else, for regular bulbs we use 9003.

The HIDs are H4 maybe? I cant remember. Give CX Racing a call and tell them you need the dual filament bulbs that have three prongs in the back that are made to replace a 9003 bulb, they'll know what that is.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
The dual filament thing is importatn, buit is an extra $20 or so, but if you dont get them you will have no more high beams. They come with an automoatice controller that moves the bulb in and out of the high position. I found a perfect placement for both the balasts and the controller so that everything fits like a glove.

·
Banned
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
9-3sleeper said:
The dual filament thing is importatn, buit is an extra $20 or so, but if you dont get them you will have no more high beams. They come with an automoatice controller that moves the bulb in and out of the high position. I found a perfect placement for both the balasts and the controller so that everything fits like a glove.
do you have pictures? also my hi-beems dont work anyways so i wouldnt even need it right?

·
Banned
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
No pictures unfortunatley, but if you feel you dont need your highs, then by all means you dont need to get the dual filaments. I just figured you would want them.

As far as looks, the 10000k kit I have looks very white with a hint of blue to it.

Remeber the higher the kelvin temp, the lower the lumen, so a 600k kit wil be brighter than my 10000k kit, I just like the look. They are still brighter than stock light though.

·
Banned
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i might get the 10000k or the 8000k. im not sure yet.

·
Banned
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Banned
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
where about did you put everything? i was thinking of cutting all the wire and moving some stuff around, but if you found a good spot im all for it.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
jonny72888 said:
where about did you put everything? i was thinking of cutting all the wire and moving some stuff around, but if you found a good spot im all for it.
Ok, for the ballasts:
  1. remove the head light assembly
  2. right on the metal bumper, directly below where the head lamp sits, get yourself a self tapping screw and secure the ballast to the bumper.
  3. Fit the head lamp back in after running the wires.
For the HI/LO controller, decide which head light you want to take the power from as you will only need one power source. The other stock power source will remain unused and could cause the car to imagine that there is a headlight failure, I haven't figured out how to trick it yet but its no big deal.
  1. On the side you want to mount it, leave the headlight out after you install the ballast.
  2. in the slot where the headlight sits there is a thin metal wall on the inward side of the car (it kind of mimics the shape of the headlamp).
  3. Use self tappers again to attach the control unit to this side wall, be sure to place it back enough that the headlight still sits well.
Then just attach all wires according to the diagram provided in the kit and viola! You have your high intensity discharge head lamps.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I really really need to buy a camera, I'd be posting pics left and right.

All I can say is that they look really freakin nice. It adds to the already strong classy/ high end feel of a Saab.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I have one, but the only two pics I have are of the engine and the front end durring day time.

Plus I suck with computors so I dont know how to import that stuff.

I think I could use a throw away and just have them give me the pics on a disk, I may just do that.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts