SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
check the kelley blue book on it and see what it says. a carfax report is nice to have and warranty record can be acquired with the VIN. also, inquire about warranty cause saab is really good about taking care of warranty issues (at least our car for the previous owner). we just bought an 01 with 85k miles and saab replaced over a dozen items at no charge ranging from the on board computer, dash, and so on. it was a 5 year 100k miles warranty. unfortunately that ended in march. but we love the car and it is fun to drive.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea are 2001 came with a pretty good warrenty also
Dealer said the remainder of warrenty was good for quite awhile not sure exact time but wifey know:)
they are going to fix a few thing I saw wrong with it.
I might just have to buy it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Nice car. Price is decent. You can probably beat them down another thousand or two depending on how long you want to work the deal and how much they put into it. Not sure how it is in your area, but in central ohio, Saabs are not book cars. They can be had for less money than you would think. A tremendous value if you think about it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
bringer said:
Nice car. Price is decent. You can probably beat them down another thousand or two depending on how long you want to work the deal and how much they put into it. Not sure how it is in your area, but in central ohio, Saabs are not book cars. They can be had for less money than you would think. A tremendous value if you think about it.

same as idaho. got ours for 1600 under blue book and we didnt even have to bargain with the lady. we almost didnt cause the nearest saab dealership is 3 hours away but we have service centers in our town.

G

·
That looks like a very nice 9-5 for the price, especially for a Saab dealer. It's a manual transmission so perhaps they are having a bit of a hard time selling it. Try to find out how long they've had it to increase your bargaining power. $15K for a 3-year old car that cost $35-$40K new. Exceptional deal :D .

You can also check on eBay to see what similar 2004s are going for or have sold for in the past.

·
Registered
187 Posts
bringer said:
That's very true... one of Saab's big off-lease auctions is in Cleveland and it's where all of the Midwest cars go (particularly the Detroit and Ann Arbor cars... the dealership in Troy and the dealership in Ann Arbor are two of the five biggest Saab dealers in the US, so they sell a ton of cars). Lots of good retailers in Cleveland with clean off-lease 9-5s.

But this particular car... I think that's a fair price, especially considering it's a fairly rare bird. 9-5 manual transmission Arcs aren't particularly common. I tried to find a good one when I got my car and I just came up short - they're either base models (without the Premium package - memory driver seat, auto dim mirrors, h/k audio) and/or they're overpriced. But this car you're looking at is fairly well equipped. Does it have Xenons? How about the Touring package (park assist, auto wipers)? I can tell it doesn't have ventilated seats, but it does have the 17" wheel upgrade.

Here's what I would do... tell them you'll take it if they'll certify it at that price. The certified warranty is a huge plus, especially considering that 9-5 is merely 3500 miles from the end of its bumper-to-bumper warranty. And they're supposed to perform any necessary maintenance and replace worn tires and other odds and ends.

Looks like a great car! If it was more local to me, you might have some competition in shopping for it! 9-5s are pretty uncommon here, especially manual cars. I know your odds are better up in the Northeast than they are here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im going back saturday to recheck it out. it is certified already which is a bonus.
this car is not completly top of the line one thing i noticed is no rear heated seat
and no onstar button no big deal there. not sure about the touring package i will check that out.
I am seriously thinking about getting this unless i can find an areo first :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts