SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name's Drew and I drive a Saab.

(This is the part where everyone replies "Hi Drew")

A month ago I bought a Black 1999 9-3T 5-Speed 5 Door. (Is there any other way to drive?) It is one of the most beautiful cars I've ever driven let alone owned. Within days of the transfer of title on my new friend (Affectionately named Saabastian) The power steering hose from the reservoir, and the pressure hose to the pump both rotted out. $680. With what I payed for it, still under book. Awesome right? Other than that, there were few cosmetic problems, and they were all cheap and easy to fix (Oxymoronic?). $300 in parts later, Saabastian's looking good as new.

Yesterday, 12/3/07, I went into a skid, overcompensated...hit a tree.
Had I been going any slower, the tree would have eventually grown over to hit me. Today I went to the body shop. I need a brand new bumper, Driver's side turn signal, and driver side fender. Total: 2062.15

Any ideas? (Prices, Parts, Methods?)

-Drew

P.S. Did I mention I'm 17?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Wowo dude some luck you got man.. sorry to hear that man!! I would just buy another fender.. it may be cheaper to buy and install it yourself. And then anything that you cant do then you could try getting another quote from a body shop..dont go to the dealer they will kill you.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
SaabBlackMan said:
Wowo dude some luck you got man.. sorry to hear that man!! I would just buy another fender.. it may be cheaper to buy and install it yourself. And then anything that you cant do then you could try getting another quote from a body shop..dont go to the dealer they will kill you.
Yes, do not go to the dealer unless you have no other choice. Go to www.genuinesaab.com and ask them what kind of prices you can get. They are very good there.

·
Registered
771 Posts
2k seems high to me for just a front bumper, fender, and turn signal

all these things can be easily found at a junkyard, and if you have some time and some know how can be fixed in a half a day or so

an ok paint job would run ya 800 bucks
or you can say **** it, take off the front fenders and front bumper, and enjoy the weight savings! lol

that basically what i would if i ever ****ed the front of my car up

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
mfyoung said:
not true not true at all

i left my front bumper off for like a month when i got my new front mount, and i got more compliments on my car than i did when the bumper was on
Haha, they were being nice.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
mfyoung said:
no ricers just like huge shiny frontmounts

not only that i actually had ppl back down from races cuz of it lol
I believe that, with a big ole fmic in plain view that can happen pretty easily.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Oh crap, That really sucks man :cry:
I have a brand new turn signal $60 if that helps.
I know of someone who has the front bumper since he upgraded to a Viggen kit but I think it's silver. It's in perfect shape.

There's an add for a black fender for $150 (located in the NY area I believe) in the classified section of the forum. Too much if you ask me but it's black http://www.saabcentral.com/classifieds/detail.php?siteid=8627.

A friend of mine got a fender for $75 shipped

http://www.93forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=73

This is the guy he got it from

http://myworld.ebay.com/captain_doo

I hope this helps man. I feel for ya bud :cry:

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Does any metal need to be pulled? All of this is actually simple and You could probably find most of the stuff at the local pull the part yourself junkyard. Bring the beer and cig ID because you may need to be 18 to get in. Maybe its 16...

·
Registered
771 Posts
Tweek's Turbos said:
Does any metal need to be pulled? All of this is actually simple and You could probably find most of the stuff at the local pull the part yourself junkyard. Bring the beer and cig ID because you may need to be 18 to get in. Maybe its 16...
all depends on the junkyard, i was 15 when i first started going, and even tho your supposed to be 18 out here, i've never been to a junkyard thats really willing to turn down money cuz i wasn't lol

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Hi Drew ;)

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hi Drew, and great name....welcome to the addiction! Why not try the wreckers and see if you can pull something off another car? Is the bumper repairable until you have the funds?

Hope you can get her back on the road and enjoy the ride.

Drew

1 - 16 of 16 Posts