SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week a heavy object fell from a shelf in my garage and cracked my sunroof.
Well it just so happens I found a bunch of wrecked saabs with sunroofs exactly from the model of my car.
My question, can I remove a sunroof from a car that cannot be started and the roof is in the closed position ( its in the junk yard ) And if so, can someone please ( if you have the time ) guide me on how I can do this?
Thanks

SaabPete379

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I haven't messed with my 9-3's sunroof yet, but usually you remove the headliner which exposes the sunroof. Then just look for the bolts/screws that need to be removed in order to remove the sunroof. Only thing I'd caution is be careful with the drain hoses. You'll see hoses attached that are typically clear, but might be black and a simple clamp holding it to a nipple. These drain water out and to the rear of the hatch area. If reattached wrong or broken, they can cause leaks. Just remove the entire sunroof and swap it with yours. It might need a little effort to free it from it's seal to the roof, but otherwise a straight forward affair. I wouldn't mess with replacing the glass only.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great and thanks. I'm actually going to go to the junk yard now and tackle this. I'll let you know later today how it went.

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Done! I went over to the junk yard, ripped out the liner, then just unbolted the sunroof, moter and all. Took just under 45 mins.
Too bad there wasnt a 4 door available or I would have taken the liner too.
Thanks for the advice.
oh...the complete sunroof assembly cost me 29 bucks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts