SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Have just bought myself a '94 900 V6 for not very much money.

Am just wondering if anyone can tell me if the wheels on it are Saab alloys or aftermarket?

Wasent planning to get to many modifications as from what I understand the V6 is best left alone, but I was going to look at a K&N type airfilter, does this sound like a good idea?

Thanks very much!

Vince

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Those wheels are surely not facotry eqipment. You can't go wrong with a better flowing air filter.

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
mr2vince said:
Have just bought myself a '94 900 V6 for not very much money.

Am just wondering if anyone can tell me if the wheels on it are Saab alloys or aftermarket?

Wasent planning to get to many modifications as from what I understand the V6 is best left alone, but I was going to look at a K&N type airfilter, does this sound like a good idea?

I got one of those in grey, [i'm still pining for a red car] I'm with stromer, the wheels are almost certainly aftermarket.

The air filter will only make a minute difference, you'll need to take some inlet 'plumbing' out too, this plumbing is buried in the wing and is readily accessible via the drivers side wheel arch, simply remove the wheel, then take the arch liner off and you'll be contronted with...

That picture is the inlet tract removed from my V6, it is everything stock before the filter [the filter housing is the uppermost part] that rectangular box about halfway along is behind the bumper and the pipe section goes up inside the wing; the shaped bellmouth at the end of the pipe I fitted this to the point where inlet goes from engine bay to wing and dispensed with the rest, thus...

A much simpler inlet route that takes cold air from behind the pumper, I then fitted a Courtenay Sport foam filter [courtenay are the tuning people for the V6 engine] courtenay link click on there 'tuning' tab, then click on V6 tuning to learn lots.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Hi.
That is a shiny car..:D Nice colour coded mirror covers ect.

Those wheels may be vauxhall Omega alloys. There were some on ebay the otherday. Very simillar to that look anyway.

Dead

·
Registered
160 Posts
What a beautiful car!!!! Congratulations and welcome to the family:D

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
Those wheels, does the sometimes SC visitor Philo [sp?] have them on his vert' ?

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Very nice looking V6! It looks awesome! As far as performance goes, opening up the intake and exhaust are always good!
Couple of questions for ANYBODY. First, what front bumper does he have there? That sure doesent look like my stock bumper (before the jigsaw that is)?

EDIT: maybe its the fact that its all painted, mine was black of course so it didnt stand out nearly as much. I like the painted better though!

Second, check out how he has his mirrors pained, and door handle too! Man thats sweet! I love body colored moldings and such! WE NEED MORE PICTURES!!! But seriously, it would be sweet if you posted a few more pics! Or email them to me!

Welcome to SC!

Tboy

Ps, it'd be cool if you posted a couple more pics of the car ;)

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
those wheels look like Cadillac Catera wheels.
they're certainly not OE saab wheels.

otherwise, nice find!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Tboy said:
Very nice looking V6! It looks awesome! As far as performance goes, opening up the intake and exhaust are always good!
Couple of questions for ANYBODY. First, what front bumper does he have there? That sure doesent look like my stock bumper (before the jigsaw that is)?

EDIT: maybe its the fact that its all painted, mine was black of course so it didnt stand out nearly as much. I like the painted better though!
Exactly, it has the lower bumper lip (usually black) painted like the Talledegas. Dont worry Tboy, ours will be better ;). The skirts look amazing even if they are still black on mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts