SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so it is suspected Ford Focus rims fit a 900.

What about OEM Ford Focus wheels?

I was looking at them on ebay, you can get new ones with less than 5 miles on them for $189 plus 85 shipping. But today I was at the U-pull, and found a perfect set with really bad tires for $100 - off a 2004 Focus with 40 000miles. Can't resist :lol:

They are 16x6. 4x108 bolt pattern. Offset is larger than stock Saab specification, something in me says 40mm but don't remember markings on the wheel.

I test-fitted one on a scrap 1993 900 S that was in the scrapyard, and it seemed to be a nice fit and a nice look. However they do not fit directly - since there is a locator pin on the 900 hub, which appears to be easily removeable.

So can I just unscrew the pin? I suspect the pin holds the disc in place somewhat - but the wheel will definately hold that in when it is in place. If it doesn't unscrew I'll take my grinder to it :p

So what kind of tire can I use? Standard Focus tires on now (that are showing the cord and all have nails in them, one is even cut) are 205/55/16.

My main point is the offset difference. Standard offset should be an ET33... this might be an ET40 or even an ET49. Plus the pin... anything really I should keep that damn thing?

Look like these:

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
16x6

i asked about such size rims before (super aeros for a 9000 on a 900? how could i resist!) and got replies saying that there might be rubbing with that width. im sure you could get creative with tire width but hell all the tire sizes out there confuse me so dont let me get involved there.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi!

Ford and Audi have a 4x108 bolt pattern but AFAIK they have a smaller centering hole than Saabs. You would have to machine the wheel or might use a specially fabricated offset spacer if you use wheels with larger offset anyway.
Best regards,

Tadek

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have ford focus wheels on my car. I bought them from a guy who bought a focus SVT and then upgraded the wheels. I bought the after market wheels and they bolted right up. i test fit a set of svt focus rims also and the fit too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts