SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hesitation (a little help please)

I recently replaced my AMM, but the car still has a little hesitation when I give it some gas. The car sat for a year and a half. Does the O2 sensor cause hesitation? also could it be Fuel Filter? or what else can cause this. I have great vaccum about 15-16.
thanks

·
Registered
527 Posts
I had a similar problem that turned out to be a combination vacuum leak and a malfunctioning vacuum advance diaphragm on the distributor.

The diaphragm was leaking which caused the vacuum leak, but was also affecting the engine timing.

It is pretty easy to check this. First suck on the vacuum line going to the distributor. You can also use a timing light to verify it is working.

Basically you want to check for any vacuum leaks.

The hooter valve would be my second guess.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
davidlytle said:
I recently replaced my AMM, but the car still has a little hesitation when I give it some gas. The car sat for a year and a half. Does the O2 sensor cause hesitation? also could it be Fuel Filter? or what else can cause this. I have great vaccum about 15-16.
thanks
Is you "new" AMM new or uses?

Was this the issue you had and is why you replaced your AMM?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got a reman. AMM from EEUROPARTS which seems to work quite well. still hesitation when I shift into 3rd at low RPM's it hesitates like its running a tad rich. My budy who has BMW's and helps me a bit with the 900s said its probably the O2 sensor since my AMM was bad for so long and running rich. as stated before my vaccum meter reads 15-16 inches of pressure which is fantastic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts