SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, im new to the forum so be gentle! Tied the search but to no avail so I thought I'd pick your brains.
My 99 9-5 2.0 drives really well but I have noticed a hesitation before the turbo kicks in, it almost feels like something is holding it back. it feel especially worse when in second or third.
My mate reckons he experienced sililar problems with his Subaru and it turned out to be a boost valve.
Any ideas??

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
My 2.3 drives like that when I'm using poor gas (87 here in North America). With 90 it runs great.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Basics first!
  1. How old are the plugs are they the correct NGK ones (clean with the correct 1.1mm gap)?
  2. Decent fuel - it makes a world of difference
  3. Is the inside of the throttle body clean, maybe the butterfly is sticking a little, they can be cleaned easily with carb cleaner
  4. Vacuum pipes - they get real crusty on our cars and need attention but they usually cause a check engine light to appear if they split
  5. The DI cassette - its the part on top of the spark plugs - its our leads and dizzy really - how old is it, was it replaced under the recal??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1.Plugs are 9 months old, unsure of make as previous owner put them in

2.I normally put Supermarket 95 ron unleaded in, seems to be fine.

3.Throttle body thouroughly cleaned last month with carb cleaner

4.No idea on vacum lines, there is no check light or hissing from pipes

5.D.I is a few years old, i assumed they either worked or didn't.

Any more ideas as this is driving me nuts!!

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Plugs changed this morning, for the correct NGK ones. I had always assumed that because the car is a 99 then it is not covered for the recall. I will check the serial numbers when I get the chance.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Has the plug change helped?:confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts