SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put my steering wheel on yesterday around 330 pm and drove it about 15 miles to my girls house. then we went to the store, then home. Woke up this morning and when I drove off in a straight line the wheel was off to the right. I know when I was driving lastnight it was fine. Then I started to get paranoid thinking it could be suspension so I was turning the wheel really quick down the srteet to see what would happen. People were probably like WTF. but it tracks fine. how could it just move? I tightened it down tight too before I left.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Did you make sure the wheel was properly seated onto the steering column shaft, its got splines that mate with the steering wheel? I did this once and thought i had the wheel on properly and tightened it up, half way down the street the wheel was spinning freely and not turning the car.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep made sure it was seated. I removed it a few times to make sure it was on there correctly. Do I need to hit the wheel with both hands on oposite sides of the wheel HARD to get it to seat properly? or will tightening of the bolt do that?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I take a long socket and tap it firmly with a plastic or leather mallet to seat the wheel and the horn contacts.
Check to see if the horn works properly. If not, you might not be fully seated!:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts