SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:roll: Ok ever since i'v botten my car it has been running good, i posted on this bulletin about the blue smoke coming out of the exhaust which the dealership said was a PCV problem and are fixing it for free. In the mean time i recently put on a "Hyperboost Valve". On the page where i bought it from says clearly that these valves stay cool. And i had noticed that after a tough drive it gets extremely hot. I was wondering if i shouldnt use it anymore, and i also installed a Tornado air thing in my Air Belt just above the Box Filter. heres a link to my Valve - http://www.stratmosphere.com/hyperboost.htm - its the HyperBoost Original Diverter Valves

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
SaabBus said:
I also installed a Tornado air thing in my Air Belt just above the Box Filter.
Whats that then :confused:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
What is it please? :confused:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Kermit said:
Its a tropical storm Chris. Why he's got one under the bonnet i don't know. ;)
Ok I'll email Wessy and ask how its done :p

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Chris 9-5 said:
What is it please? :confused:
It's this stupid thing you put in the air intake to make the air swirl and supposed mix better for a better burn and hence more power. It does nothing especially as he's putting it in front of the turbo.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Theyve been around for a long time, also know as the "spiral power booster" and all the subjective reports are good to dramatic ;) Has anyone tested one out on a before after test - This would be of interest

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Where is it supposed to be fitted, this fan,vortex type thingy :confused:

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
I smell BS here. If it was that easy to give a car an extra 30 bhp with an air vortex device, don't you think all manufacturers would have it fittted? :x

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
I think that item was copyrighted years ago for the "JAWS" character in James Bond :roll:

Does it really do these things in a car ?

If it doesnt, you could use it in the woods as an animal / mantrap like they did in "DELIVERANCE" :cry:

Chris 9-5 said:
Interesting that the question was about a dump valve getting hot and we are all asking about this sprially vortex tornado in your filter box thingymebob:p

Could this thing be part of the problem? :confused:

Is it this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7983162812&category=42604

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Thedriver said:
If it doesnt, you could use it in the woods as an animal / mantrap like they did in "DELIVERANCE" :cry:
Noooooooooooooooooo!:eek:

That damn banjo tune is in my head now :roll:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Looks like a restrictor plate to me. It's clever that it can make a vortex which is untroubled by going through the turbo.

Maybe you get 30 bhp back when you take it out again:cheesy:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
nickliv said:
Looks like a restrictor plate to me. It's clever that it can make a vortex which is untroubled by going through the turbo.

Maybe you get 30 bhp back when you take it out again:cheesy:
What do u mean by this... i figured it wouldnt hurt putting it before the turbo, so ur telling me to take it out possibly? And for chris its just an air simulater makes it spin in a circular motion for better burn. I dont think it can add much horse power but it can save gas milleage.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
The instructions say put it between the airbox and throttle body......the best place to put it would be in the hose that attaches to the top of the throttle body.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts