SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have not heard if you have a MP3 CD player you can put 175 songs on one CD

MY Idea is to by a MP3 CD 6 cd changer and splice the 8 wires into the wire harness from the old cd player and try to get the play wire to match on the one on the new mp3 changer

I think if i get all of the wires to match up right then i think i might beable to keep the stock head unit in the saab and have a mp3 player in the rear

WHAT DO YOU THINK???

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
Dude, that's reinventing the wheel...:cheesy:

Look at this: http://www.lowrance.com/Automotive/Products/iWAY500C.asp

a nav system AND a built in 10GB MP3 player. Moves from car to car, or can be stowed under a seat. Works on motorcycles or little red wagons. Works on house current and auto 12volt and can download MP3s from your PC's USB connection. I saw this at SEMA in Atlantic City and I'm going to grab one.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
iPod?

Rio Karma/Carbon?

Creative Zen Micro/Xtra?

iRiver H-series?

CD's are SOOO 1990's. :cheesy:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Jeremy R. said:
I don't think it will work. MP3 decoding is done by the head unit. I've never seen a changer that will do that itself.
Sorry Jeremy, but you are wrong. Alpine as well as Kenwood has got CD changers, that can decode MP3. they will work with original Alpine or Kenwood headunits, or the diffenrent model will work with every headunit by FM Modulation an seperate display.

Kenwood: KDC-C719MP or KDC-CMP59FM
Alpine: CHA-S634 plus CRM-1652RF

·
Registered
16 Posts
Kdc-c719mp

Do you (or anybody else) know whether KDC-C719MP would feet and properly work with NAVI2 ? Thanks in advance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts