SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok if u dont already no about herby the love bug then it was a VW bug in a movie it had its own mind and stuff like that well my 1995 saab 900s is like that i bought it off a gut he ran it pretty good it has 177thousand on it and i got it a mont later i discovered that the fuel pump went after i fixed that i found out the E-brake does not work but i dont need that too bad but the most recent and devestating thing was 2 nights ago my buddys and i were going out for chinese i was crusing at 70mph and my sun roof was open about an inch all of a sudden i hear a noise like when the heat shield was ratteling on the exhaust but alot louder then i look at my dash and all the bad lights are lit up and i discovered my car had stalled ya 70 mph with no power steering and verylittle brakes now that was fun i got it off the road and tried starting it i wouldnt even crank like the battery was dead well my dad came down and jumped it and told my to limp it home well i couldnt take my foot off of the gas cuz it would stall butt i started up the road with this horrible ratteling getting worse i made it about 1/4mile and it was shifting and grinding and generally not sound i ever want to hear well it stalled and i pulled off i poped the hood and i saw a little bit of smoke and smelt burning tranny fluid so i dont no what happened its in the shop so but other than that i love my car it hates me but i love it any suggestions on what it would be would be greatly appriciated.

(PS please dont tell me about spelling errors or puncuation errors cuz i dont care)

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Serpentine belt probably came off. The noise comes from the loose belt.

After that several things happen:

Battery indicator on the instrument panel (alternator failure).
Heavy steering (power steering pump not running)
Engine temp gauge in the red (coolant pump not running)
Engine indicator lit, engine loud and stalling at idle (overheated engine)
Car stalls and needs a jump to restart (battery drained)
Engine knocks, stalls, will not restart (seized engine)

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Yeah, it sucks when that happens and you don't realize what is going on.

In his last post, he also managed to disconnect or disable the coolant temp sensor somehow, so the temp gauge on the instrument panel was probably not working at the time the belt went.

Good chance it all started with a dry idler pulley bearing, and a pulley that should have been replaced a long time ago... :roll:

·
Registered
879 Posts
this happened to me a few weeks ago. it turned out to be that the water pump had seized up. luckley I was less than a mile from the mechanics shop

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya i did have that "chip" in but i took it out last weeek i think its a belt too but i wont find out till tomorrow

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry its been a while but anyway i removed the "chip" a week or so before it happened but on further inspection we discovered that the conecting rod in cylinder two broke so we dropped the motor found out my driverside stabilizing arm is bad so were puttin another Kframe on we have a later model motor all we had to do is change the wiring harness so hopefullyit all goes good later this week we,ll put the engine in and pray

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
The "chip" in question I think was the T5boost 9 resistor hack. I'm not doing this to flame, but more to inform others. Does anybody think the rod failure could be directly linked to mis-informed intake temps?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts