SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a T reg 95 V6 3.0. Well looked after etc. I blew a tyre out recently and ran on flat for a while and then the psre. The check engine light came on along with the TCS OFF light. Car runs as normal . What is likely to be causing the message.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
No big problem... your flat tire and spare are a different size than the normal tires... car computer picks up a wheel speed mismatch due to different tire sizes and set the light as it thinks there's a bad ABS sensor or something like that. Should go out after a few drive cycles - if not you may need the error light cleared with an OBD tool or Tech II.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

So what you are saying is that CEL isnt necessarily a sign of an engine fault?. Can i fix it by resetting the throttle body which trips the limp home mode? What i dont understand is that the car drives as normal. I am going on a long journey soon , is this likely to be able to wait until my return?

thanks

Mark

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
ecopower1970 said:
Thanks

So what you are saying is that CEL isnt necessarily a sign of an engine fault?. Can i fix it by resetting the throttle body which trips the limp home mode? What i dont understand is that the car drives as normal. I am going on a long journey soon , is this likely to be able to wait until my return?

thanks

Mark
If you pull fuse 17, the ECU will clear the check engine code. Some codes clear on their own. "Check engine" is somewhat of a misnomer... it could be a plethora of external things as well... all it means is that a fault code has been triggered in the system, which you can read with an OBD scanner.

If your car is driving normally, limp home mode was not triggered. This only occurs when a throttle body fault code is triggered. Since this was a traction control fault, it won't trigger a throttle body issue.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Agreed - Pull Fuse 17 and leave out for about 10-15 mins, if there is still a fault the CEL will come back, if not........happy days :cheesy:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts