SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean zero. I was out running errands today; it ran and started fine. I stopped back home for 30 min., went out to start it and nothing. No ignition start up at all. No sound. No lights on the dash, it wouldn't even go out of reverse with the clutch in (as it was locked in) - no door locks, no sound when I'd try to start it.

It's a 99 Viggen, 111,000 miles that I've just had for a few months. It's been running great, no issues. I don't know if this could be the DIC, but it was replace in 2003 at about 50K -

I'm heading out of town for a four day trip and realized it wasn't even locked, sitting outside my home. So, on a whim, I went out and hit the autolock on my key, and that did lock the car. However, I tried then to hit the unlock button and nothing.

?????

newripper

·
Registered
707 Posts
Sounds like a dead battery to me more than anything. And you better hope that's the cause, otherwise you may have to hunt down electrical gremlins and that just plain sucks. :x

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Do the full battery/charging system service and hope that Saab finally designs in a testing/readout system by 2020.
And the warning lights should also go.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No electrical on '99 Viggen

thanks - I'm out of town now but will pull the battery when I get back in a few days

However, I was able to lock the car before I left and when I tried to unlock it just to see if it would work, it wouldn't go as all the power locks were out- I tried to manually unlock the driver's door, but that didn't work either. I feel pretty dumb here; but how do I get in the car, to open the hood??

nr

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
This is not the first time for this.
My idea is to crawl under the car, attach the positive jumper to the starter terminal and the negative to earth, both very carefully, jumper cable ends are poorly designed.
A hydraulic jack helps:cheesy:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is not the first time for this.
My idea is to crawl under the car, attach the positive jumper to the starter terminal and the negative to earth, both very carefully, jumper cable ends are poorly designed.
A hydraulic jack helps:cheesy:
thanks for that quick reply; and here's another kind of naive question, sorry: by "starter terminal" do you mean the positive terminal of the battery, yes?

nr

1 - 6 of 6 Posts