SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the linker arm between the rear wheels are going to be broken (too much rust, live in north).

I try to search for the name & part# but couldn't find it.

thanks!

·
Registered
379 Posts
That looks like your anti-sway bar. I don't know the part #. It looks like just the paint coming off with some surface rust. I would remove it, clean it with a wire wheel and degrease it. Then repaint it, rebush it, and call it good. Much cheaper that way.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think the parts catalog calls it a stabilizer bar.
James wasn't specific about which model he has, so finding the proper part number is a problem.

I agree that it seems like a beefy looking part, so a cleaning, a new coat of paint, and some replacement bushings is likely all that it needs.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Try 12777972 for the stabilizer sway bar if it's all wheel drive but it looks to be only available from Sweden for $272. Also, the rubber bushings (12777971) don't look to be available separately but are sold with the bar. The links at either end (12777969) are available for about $30 each.

I agree with Cap'n and Pancho - it's a solid bar and it's not likely that the rust is structural. You should be able to clean and paint it while on the car. While it's not difficult to remove the hardware is probably also rusted and will likely cause you trouble.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Try 12777972 for the stabilizer sway bar if it's all wheel drive but it looks to be only available from Sweden for $272. Also, the rubber bushings (12777971) don't look to be available separately but are sold with the bar. The links at either end (12777969) are available for about $30 each.

I agree with Cap'n and Pancho - it's a solid bar and it's not likely that the rust is structural. You should be able to clean and paint it while on the car. While it's not difficult to remove the hardware is probably also rusted and will likely cause you trouble.
Judging from the photos, that rust is definitely not structural. There are links and rubber bushes for that someplace online. here's a whole page of them, although I guessed on the year by his handle on here, and then guessed for the xwd engine size.

And I bet there are even cheaper prices elsewhere, just have to shop around. I just posted those as an example, and a guess LOL

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Google is everyone's friend! so James is encouraged to search. I only looked at EPC for the numbers and a few known Orio suppliers.

Of course, if there's demand someone will make aftermarket parts. James just needs to be sure he looks for XWD since FWD-only is different. That bar is solid and should easily last the life of the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts