SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My right rear door locks and window regulator are not working. The regulator works if you supply voltage to directly to regulator. I have also tested the large red and black wires feeding the door controller and I get no voltage. It seems to me that it is likely that it's either the main door controller of the controller in the right rear door.

I have checked the fuse, reset the battery and have had no success. I know the easiest approach is to connect a Tech II and have it identify the problem. However, the closest Tech II is over an hour drive and when I called them, they told me it would probably take them "a couple of days!" I refuse to give them a blank check.

Can anyone suggest a way to troubleshoot without the TechII analysis?

· Premium Member
20,578 Posts
Disconnect connector in door jamb, look for corrosion or anything out of place, put in some dielectric grease and refit. Report back.

· Registered
136 Posts
My right rear door locks and window regulator are not working. The regulator works if you supply voltage to directly to regulator. I have also tested the large red and black wires feeding the door controller and I get no voltage. It seems to me that it is likely that it's either the main door controller of the controller in the right rear door.

I have checked the fuse, reset the battery and have had no success. I know the easiest approach is to connect a Tech II and have it identify the problem. However, the closest Tech II is over an hour drive and when I called them, they told me it would probably take them "a couple of days!" I refuse to give them a blank check.

Can anyone suggest a way to troubleshoot without the TechII analysis?
Having the same issues with my driver side rear door. Best of luck!

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No luck

I have disconnected and reconnected the door jam connectors in both the drivers and the problem door (right rear), sprayed with contact cleaner and applied dielectric grease with no resolution.

From the searches that I have found (searching sometimes feels like needle in a haystack), it looks like there the standard problems are that the regulator and locks fail or that the door controller module fails. Since I have replaced the lock, and I have tested the window regulator, I can only assume that it's in the control system.

Is there a way to test which controller is bad? Are the left and right door modules identical? Could I switch them and test?

Thanks for your reply.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, never have found the issue. Although to be fair, It really hasn't been high on my priorities. Kind of a mind over matter thing. I don't mind, so it doesn't matter.

I suspect that I need to replace the drivers side window and lock controller. One of these days, I will order one and see if that solves the issue.

Best of luck.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, the issue can be that the lock and the window regulator are defective. Both are common problems. However, I have tested the components and they function when you apply power, so it's a control issue.

One additional symptom on my car is that I cannot lock the doors from my drivers door switch. Hence, I suspect that it's an issue with the main lock/window controller.

You might try the "easy" fixes like checking the door connectors and adding dielectric grease.

Also, if you think it's the controller, try car-part.com, should be able to find one much cheaper than buying a new one...

Hope this helps, best of Luck.

· Premium Member
20,578 Posts
Definitely sounds like the drivers side switch pack. You need a Tech2 if you get a new one.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info Diggs, although having to use a Tech2 to reset the system increases my tolerance of the problem.

Rats.

Looks like I will add it to the list of things to take care of next time I go to the shop.

· Registered
53 Posts
Finally got to tinkering with my problem, took the connector apart and sprayed electrical contact cleaner in there, let it dry and it worked....for awhile. Did the same again and got same results, worked for a bit then stopped again. So it must be an issue with the connection as the lock and window work fine but then lose power. Thoughts?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.