SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am trying to do the rear Aero (02-05) brake upgrade to my ng900, and I am having some trouble getting the pads to sit tight in the calipers.
Seems like the 'arms' on the pads are too narrow and have too much play to be held tight in the calipers (see pics below, the outer pad will move up and down about 1/8 of an inch).

Also installing the retaining spring doesn't really hold the pad tight to the outside of the caliper, I believe I have the retaining spring installed correctly (it appears the same way I do the fronts).

Lastly if I were to push the outer edge of the carrier and caliper together (therefore reducing the gap you see in the fist set of pics), it appears to make the two uneven and pulls the inner pad away from piston along one edge.

Any help would be appreciated, it has me stumped, thanks.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I believe the pad not fitting correctly is from the fancy powder coating on the caliper itself. To resolve this issue you probably need to file down the caliper sides until the pad fits snug, but not tight. Remember that the pad needs to float inside the caliper.

I think the spring part is fine from what I can tell. The spring is there to keep the top part of the caliper from raising up.

·
Registered
12,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its an epoxy based paint, but everywhere the pad would touch the caliper is still bare metal (the guide channels) I did the same thing on the front calipers with no problems. But thanks for the input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts