SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So started my 2006 9-5 2.3T like any other day and noticed it throwing an engine light. I drove it a bit and noticed that in first gear the stock boost gauge wouldn't pass the first set of lines.

After accelerating a bit more I noticed a loud almost grinding noise come on when the boost gauge reached about half of the second portion of the gauge.

The car seems to run fine when not in boost.

I checked the engine light and it's only giving me a P1110 error code which apparently has to do with the turbo by pass valve, which is like a blow off valve to my understanding.

The previous owner mentioned how he replaced the BPV back when he owned it.

I just bought my 9-5 two months ago (and have been loving it!) so I'm not too familiar with this car or even turbos for that matter.

Any help with this would be beyond appreciated as I'm not exactly sure what to do.

Anyway, sorry for the paragraph. Thanks everyone and hope you're all doing great!

Greg :)

(Here's a picture of the gauge I'm talking about.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So an update: I found a disconnected vacuum line leading from the BPV to the firewall, after plugging it back in the car seems to run fine, but I'm not really too sure. Could the fix really have been that easy?

Also what else should I be doing going from this besides replacing vacuum lines?

Thanks all!

Greg :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts