SaabCentral Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Hm.. Looks like I will just have to wait and see if I will still be able to get his engine.. His pops just needs to see if he needs any parts off of the old engine. If not it's mine. Engine, Intercooler, Wiring Harness, ECU. All of it would come through for $500US. So if he doesn't need anything else that would be all I would need as someone said it's a straight drop in and that the tranny should bolt up. He said give him till the middle or end of April and I will def. know what the plan is. That gives me enough time to build up some more cash flow just incase I need engine mounts or new tubing/wiring. If worst does come to worst and he can't sell me the engine then I unfortunatly will have to look to other paths for tunning(basicly sell my car and look for something else besides a Saab. They are expensive and finding a 900 Turbo with low miles and in descent condition will cost to much seeing as I got mine for only $1000US)
I have looked for parts for tuning my N/A engine but I didn't find much. Even finding replacement parts for my car is a pain (needed a new anti-freeze cap cause mines dissappeared, new oil cap cause it broke during an oil change, new radiator hoses cause my old ones split while driving. Pepboys doesn't carry even some of the basics for my car like a replacement airfilter)
Saabs are great cars but they haven't really been embraced in the aftermarket scene which makes it hard to do...

As far as n/a engines go, no they havent really been embraced. As for the turbos...

www.genuinesaab.com
www.mpperformance.com

There is some great parts there. Yes you will be hard pressed to find a turbo for cheap with low miles. Then again it also is determined by your idea of cheap. I picked my 96 900SE turbo 4 door 5-speed red with 64K miles for 4700. And then with only a little moeny they are turned into monters that no one sees coming. If you dont count the wheels I bought I have spent well under 1K on my car and have seen incredible gains.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Yeah that doesn't sound to bad. Unfortunatly I am on a college budget and money is tight seeing as I can probably only pull 1,500 for my car I won't really be able to find another 900 for that price. And if I was to put up the money I have saved then there would be no aftermarket parts for it anytime soon.. But yeah I been to genuiensaab.com and your right the N/A ones don't have much. I think I found a cone airfilter on there once. =/ But yeah I wil deffinetly have to take a long look at what I am doing. If worst does come to worst I will have to go with my second option and look at a Nissa 240SX... Didn't really like Jap cars for a while but I am warming up to the 240SX. Really would rather keep the Saab cause to the normal person it's really a sleeper. I still be plenty of Civics/Intergras with my little N/A Saab. Oh well, back to the drawing book. =/

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.