SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I have been on the search for a front bumper for a 2001 93 5D viggen. With the help of a fellow member (FC Saab Thanks a bunch !!!), I was able to find a 2003 SE conv in Tennessee. The owner was kind enough to tell me that he would ship it. Now doing some evil bay searching, I came across a 2003 2.0 SE Conv parts car. I ran the VIN number and below is the info it spits back.

VIN: YS3DF78K537007447
Model: Saab 9-3 (9400)
Model Year: 2003
Body type: 2-door Convertible (CV)
Engine: B205R 4-inline, Turbo, PETROL, TURBO (B205 R)
Gearbox: 4-speed automatic
Plant: Nystad, Finland (900 / 9-3)
Market: Model series III, Driver and passenger airbags
Serial number: 007447
VIN Checksum: Valid

The picture looks like a viggen bumper and I was wondering if some one else would confirm the fit? This car is located nearer to me and I would like to drive and get it. I have attached a few picture too. I am not sure that entail a "SE" model, based on VIN.

Also I was told by the seller that the grill and fog lights from a 2003 conv SE will not fit a 2001 viggen. Is this info correct? Also, are the rear bumpers from a 2003 compatible with a 2001?
Please help !!!!!!!!
Thanks

·
Registered
16,862 Posts
Yes, the bumpers will be an exact match. They are Viggen parts. I'd pull the front shields too. Even if you don't need them on your Viggen, someone else will and they are hard to find. You should probably pull the bumper to fender mounts off the car too - the yard won't charge any more and you might need them.

Fog lights and grill are an exact match with one note: After 2001, the fogs did not come with the optional "cornering light" built in. they are set up for it, but the holes were not drilled out for the extra bulb holders. So, if you have your fogs, you can use those - they will fit right in. If you only have bulbs/connectors on your car, you can drill out the false holes in the fogs from the 2003 and add the cornering lights. The cornering lights are optional - if you lack the bulb holders or don't want to bother drilling them out, you can just ignore them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually i do need them, the shields, and i was going to get the complete bumper and the under body front pastic. Let see if i can get it for cheap:)

·
Registered
16,862 Posts
Too bad. Keep looking... I see an '03 'vert with the sport packge being scrapped every six months or so. If you have no bumper at all, you could use the standard 9-3 until you find one. You'll need the fender mounts as the Viggen bumper is different. Also the shields, they are unique to the Viggen.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Going to go back to the guy from Tennessee (pic below). The other question I had was I was looking at the underbody plastic bits for the Viggen (attached picture). Do 2003 93 Vert below have the same parts?

Wife is sick of my Saab parts hunt!!! For the sanity in the marriage i better get all the parts and not keep spreading the search...

Thanks for all the info. This has been a good learning experience.

Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 3.01.05 PM.png

·
Registered
9,237 Posts
The 2003 convertibles have all the same body parts as the Viggen. It's too bad you can't see more of the bumper grille on that red one. The telltale sign of a Viggen or 2003 Sport Package convertible missing the under body shield (and there are a lot that are missing that part) is being able to see the ground through the grille in the bumper.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Glad I could help. I'm always looking for 2003 verts headed to the heap. The value of the trim bits, wheels and seats and worth their price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts