SaabCentral Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not see any FIPK (Fuel injection performance kit) made for saab 9-5 yet. K&N does not carry it. Did you guys locate it? If you did, did you see a good performance change?
Thank you

you can email me [email protected]

X

·
0 Posts
Vardar, if you are refering to an induction kit then any 3" filter will work (K&N do a whole heap of 3" filters/cones). In all honesty the Saab one that you have will work fine until you maybe get to 250 bhp. :)

·
Banned
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response sir!

Can you help me locate that kit or thing you are talking about online, so I can purchase it?
Thank you again

·
Banned
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is this it?

This high quality air intake replaces original restrictive airbox. Contains a K&N reusable high flow airfilter. Fits All 9-5 models. Finally you can hear the turbo. Great Sport sound.

DOES THIS GIVE ANY XTRA HP AT ALL? OR JUST FOR SOUNDS?

X

·
0 Posts
Next to nothing on bhp, but will certainly help when you get further down the modding line. You may want to have a read of this past thread about intakes.

CLICKY HERE
:D

·
Registered
636 Posts
The front bumper is obviously not on the car at the time that picture was taken, just so you can see how it fits. That is how it is supposed to look. Now since the open filter is so close to the ground, a lot of people fabricate splash guards to put around it so it wont suck water into the engine and cease it.

But don't be worried, that picture is exactly how it will and should look. :cheesy:

·
Banned
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you very much for all of your help, time, and effort.
It looks like, I'll wait till I buy a Porsche 911, instead of upgrading this piece of ****. Every f..king mod requires either tons of money, or fabrication. Not like I imagined.

Thank you again

X

·
0 Posts
vardar said:
It looks like, I'll wait till I buy a Porsche 911, instead of upgrading this piece of ****. Every f..king mod requires either tons of money, or fabrication. Not like I imagined.

Thank you again
You think modding a 911 will be any cheaper :confused:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
vardar said:

Thank you again
Our pleasure, see ya! ;)

·
Banned
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No I dont think modding a Porsche will be cheaper. I said I'll wait!!!! My Saab is paid for. I have the title. I wanted a early 90's 911 C4 for awhile. I bought this Saab with kinda obligation, did not have a lot of choices. I never liked front-drive cars anyway. It is definetely not worth upgrading for me. Thanks to you guys for pointing that out actually!

If you look at serious performance or high-end cars, Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar, Ferrari, they all make rear wheel or all wheel drive cars. They handle better except snow and ice. I live in warm climate, I don't have to worry about that.

All I wanted was a cheap and quick upgrade, I'll pass that I guess for now. And enjoy car-paymentless days for awhile.

Take care guys

·
Registered
277 Posts
That's why we love's (mod.) SAAB's, No one of these guys expect they can't
by BRUT and QUICK, But if you won't to invest, get a YUGO! Realy cheap(mpg)
If you want from 0-60 in 3 sec. don't ride a SAAB, if you want impress with
Torque and HP on 70-120 or 80-150 etc. Then you will get the picture;)
So get the 911 and let us drive by...........................:cool:

EJ

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
XAAMOTTOMAAX said:
What's with this guy anyway?
Well apparently our cars are **** :eek: :

vardar said:
I'll wait till I buy a Porsche 911, instead of upgrading this piece of ****.
Oh well :roll:

·
Banned
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nop! Right forum! I drive a 1999 Saab 9-5 base. Read from beginning, that's what you need to do! And you figure it out.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Vardar, I think coming on here asking us things, and then calling our cars a piece of **** was extremely rude and immature. Why would anybody with any sense actually call something a piece of **** on a website that is based all around that. Thats just stupid if you ask me, and Im sure you've offended many people because of it.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Lets leave it there then shall we ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.