SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. I am working on the upholstery plates in my 92' convertible. The material is loose around the edges and in need of a deep cleaning. I removed the cloth from one of the rear plates and cleaned it. Now I'm ready to put it all back together. Is there a type of contact adhesive that someone might recommend? Not sure what Saab used (or their suplier) but the remnants had a foam like quality to them. I have some loctiite spray adhesive that I purchased for another project. I thought I might use it, but I don't want to damage the cloth material in the event it doesn't work.

2. I have a set of wheel arch trim pieces that I want to install too. The current trim is cracked and in need of replacement. The adhesive on the back arches is visible and it seems to be a gummy tar-like substance. I heard someone refer to it as heavy grease in a post. Although you can soften the "heavy grease" with heat I'd like to get some more of this adhesive in case I need it for the front arches (they are loose now). Any ideas what this stuff is called, where to buy it?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts