SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about 2 weeks ago I bought a 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T.
Checking it about, everything ran great, it ran smooth, nice A/C, etc.
Well not even 4 days after owning it the traction control failure warning came on twice and the clock reset itself and it was just acting weird. Upon research it sounded like the battery. We took it to the dealer and he said the battery was bad but the alternator was good and we replaced the battery and it was running fine. It fixed those issues. When leaving the dealer the car was very low on gas, literally on E.
That night (after getting gas and returning home) I turned the car on and the engine sputtered, shook, and then stalled. The check engine light also came on. Repeating the process of turning the car back on, it did the same thing. Once again I turned the car back on for a third time and it sputtered and shook without stalling. The fourth try, it started fine, no problems at all although the check engine light was still on. A day later, after a lot of driving, the check engine light turned off.

A week later of the car acting normal, I turn it on and it sputtered, shook, and immediately turned off. I tried turning it on again and it made a terrible sputtering noise without shaking or stalling. Which I have on video.
It honestly sounds like a tractor.

This is VERY frustrating because I don't know anyone mechanically inclined. :evil:

I also hate the fact that I bought the car not even 2 weeks ago and am already having problems.

If anyone has an idea of what could be wrong please let me know!!

Thanks ;ol;

·
Registered
237 Posts
So about 2 weeks ago I bought a 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T.
Checking it about, everything ran great, it ran smooth, nice A/C, etc.
Well not even 4 days after owning it the traction control failure warning came on twice and the clock reset itself and it was just acting weird. Upon research it sounded like the battery. We took it to the dealer and he said the battery was bad but the alternator was good and we replaced the battery and it was running fine. It fixed those issues. When leaving the dealer the car was very low on gas, literally on E.
That night (after getting gas and returning home) I turned the car on and the engine sputtered, shook, and then stalled. The check engine light also came on. Repeating the process of turning the car back on, it did the same thing. Once again I turned the car back on for a third time and it sputtered and shook without stalling. The fourth try, it started fine, no problems at all although the check engine light was still on. A day later, after a lot of driving, the check engine light turned off.

A week later of the car acting normal, I turn it on and it sputtered, shook, and immediately turned off. I tried turning it on again and it made a terrible sputtering noise without shaking or stalling. Which I have on video.
It honestly sounds like a tractor.

This is VERY frustrating because I don't know anyone mechanically inclined. :evil:

I also hate the fact that I bought the car not even 2 weeks ago and am already having problems.

If anyone has an idea of what could be wrong please let me know!!

Thanks ;ol;
You need to get the code read. It will point to the issue in some way. Also, it doesn't hurt to change spark plugs, air filter, oil (basic tune up) when buying a new car as you don't know how well it was maintained before. Plus those are fairly simple tasks you could probably tackle yourself with some guidance on here.

First step is to get the CEL code in my opinion.

Edit:

Also, mine would sputter and sometimes not start, but that was due to the turbo being blown and a ton of oil in the piping from it. But if that were the case for you, you would see white smoke from the exhaust.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts