SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks.
IBM = layoffs = necessary actions = want to find a good home for my Aero

I could really use some help determining an asking price...
Moderators if this is the wrong place for this level of detail, I apologize, I will be posting the classified here and elsewhere, but I have no idea what to ask given Saab's current incentives.

Here are some details I'll post when I start placing ads...

2004 Saab 9-3SS Aero, 18,600 miles
6speed manual
Steel grey/grey leather

Xenon, heated seats, autosense wipers, garage remote/compass mirror, autodimming mirrors

Best stereo, 6-disc in-dash changer, automatic dual-zone climate control

(to my knowledge the only option that was offered that this car doesn’t have is rear park assist sensor)

BSR Stage 1 PPC software

ITG air filter (have OEM paper filter with 1500 miles on it)

SmartSlot CD holder

Hardwired for Valentine One

Trunk nets – trunk floor/trunk side

Trunk-mounted rear bumper protector (unrolls over bumper)

Passenger floormat ‘velcro anchors’ implemented (owner DIY)

Viggen dead pedal installed (owner DIY)

FormulaOne tint – 38% best grade

OEM “turbo” script front plate, rear plate frame

OEM “S” cloissone badge

Ashtray replaced with Saab storage shelf (still have ashtray)

Saab roofrack with 2 fork-mount bike carriers and Thule fairing, 2 Thule wheel carriers

Leather treated with Leatherique

Vinyl treated with Klasse

Car clayed,polished and waxed 3x per year. Used Griot’s Garage products
Pinnacle Crystal Mist after ever wash that didn't get followed by a waxing
Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tyres with 6000 miles on them

Saab 0w30 Turbo Oil used , changed at 5400 miles, 8600 miles, at dealer 1st service at 13200 miles, again at 17020 miles

No rattles, no issues. No warranty problems, this has been just about the best and trouble-free new car I've had. I obviously got a good one

I want this car to get a good home.

I want desperately to keep it but logic says otherwise

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hi, this is my first post but I feel that I could share some valuable information with you as I am currently shopping for a 9-3 Aero. With current incentives (GM Employee pricing) a fully-loaded aero (everything but nav) with the 5-speed is $32,702 ontop of that Saab has a promotion of $3,500 off that amount which works down to $29,202. These numbers are quoted from the local Saab dealer in CT.

Since thats what one could have a brand new car for it really puts you in a hard spot as you could have a valid argument that your car may be worth that much but GM is not helping your sale.

Best of luck finding the car a new home, it really sounds like you took care of it and the new owner will be fortunate to have it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
JPU -

Is the $3500 you mention for leasing or buying?

I thought it was 2500 for buying and 3500 for leasing. I would like to get a basic Aero so I can get mine down to 2700. I'm going to go testdriving Monday.

·
Registered
366 Posts
mark_m said:
JPU -

Is the $3500 you mention for leasing or buying?
I was unaware of different rates for leasing and buying, I am looking to lease an 05 so I would have to say leasing for the $3,500 off.

I went test driving yesterday and was completely sold on the car w/out question. I will miss the awd of my Audi but the 9-3 aero is a gorgeous car.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bryubpharm said:
do you have any pics? It sound well-taken care of. I'm guessing ~27k+/- 2k.
Sure, I need to uploade them. Tried classifieds here but it's not working, I select 'place an ad' , it asks me what category but no matter what I do I can't get any further. Placed it in autotrader.com and print this afternoon.

I can email anyone pics if there's interest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts