SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I need some urgent advice.....i am in the process of removing my headliner to redo it and i have followed the advice at saab 99 tips. I have removed everything...but

I have a sunroof and how do i take out the liner it seems to be glued all around the sunroof and there is the rubber seal??? do i remove it all.

I am currently away from home and have to return tomorrow and right now i wanna get this doen today....any suggestions, please advise

regards

J

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorted

No worries i just took the sunroof seal off and cut around the sunroof frame....panic over haha now to remove the foam!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
If your '92 is like my '89 the guides for removing it a fairly useless because so much changed.
There's a rubber thing around the sunroof that needs to be removed (it's one piece, just pulled right off) and isn't mentioned in any of the guides I read.
Also what isn't mentioned is that you have to pull the weather-striping off from about 1/3 of the rear part of the door (least on whichever door setup the SPG's are) to get the B-Pillar trim off.

Oh, what can't be stressed enough is to have 2 people to pull it out, especially with the sunroof. It's just simply too weak to support itself if you try to do it with only one person. I got impaitent and need a new liner now, mine broke roughly in 1/2.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the advice..

I managed to get it out ok, all in one piece. I removed the seal around sunroof etc and went smoothly
Taking the fabric off and removing staples was straightforward....The foam wasnt too bad either..as im a stone mason i use wire brushes alot and tried one of these on the headliner and it scrapped the foam off very easily and all is done cleaned and ready to go in about an hour and a half!

Use a wire brush is my advice and a soft nylon house hand brush to sweep it all up into a pile before putting in a bag.Then clean the headliner with a damp cloth to remove any dust before gluing new fabric.
Im off to do that right now! wish me luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts