SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 99' 9-3 SE HOT makes a rattle when under hard acceleration. Especially when the turbo hits the red. I first thought it was the Cat, as the rattle sounds similar to a cat failure, but seems to be forward of the cat. Car does not make the noise under nomal acceleration. Could it be exhuast front of the cat like the manifold, turbo bearings, or what?? Any clues would be great...can't stomach another trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
mine has a vibration like this under high boost pressure at about 2000 rpm in 4th or 5th, in heavier rain, and its louder if there are forces of turning left on the car. dealer has no idea, but it only happens in the rain.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
mg_td said:
mine has a vibration like this under high boost pressure at about 2000 rpm in 4th or 5th, in heavier rain, and its louder if there are forces of turning left on the car. dealer has no idea, but it only happens in the rain.
Accelerating in fifth gear at only two grand is not good, hard acceleration at this low RPM is worse.

Vehicles run better(or used to) in the rain ( more oxygen ?, the moisture has a soothing effect...)
I would inspect the inner and outer CVs for excessive wear - on the left side..
Check the turbo control units - maybe something is loose or worn..
Turbo bearings will grumble, roar and growl, not rattle..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts