SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
My sun/moonroof just broke today and of course were in for a big rainstorm the next 2 days:cry:
the roof goes all the way open butwhen closing it the rear right side corner has a 1/2 inch gap in it and the paint is now chipped from the roof.
I noticed that on the left side of the channel there is a white plastic thing and it is missing from the right side I belive that maybe the problem, however I can not find the missing piece. anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to fix this so the inside of my car dont get ruined? posted picture links below
thanks,
J

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
That white plastic thing is indeed the problem. It is the guide shoe which the roof slides up into position. If it is missing that side of the roof will be lower and it will twist when you try and close it, causing it to jam. If you cannot realistically replicate one using the existing one as a model (maybe even make one out of wood), try getting one from a junkyard. Check that the metal tabs at the rear of the sunroof are under the spring clips at the back of the frame.

I've had to delete those links - there's nothing I can do with them to make them work. To post a picture, host it somewhere (like you have done), then right click on it and Copy Image Location. Back on here, click the
tag and paste in the link, then click it again to close the tag, so it reads

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you haven't got it closed and a storm is coming you should be able to close it by cranking the motor by hand. It is under the boot floor.

Actually that is only if the motor is broken. I'll still post as it may help someone in the future. I guess with your problem you may be able to manhandle the roof whilst closing it and keep it going straight instead of twisting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts