SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how to remove the head unit from the dash on a 2007 9-3 cv.
Thank you,
John

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
You need to remove the center vent to reveal the retaining bolts. Remove those bolts and the ICM will slide out.

Probably worth asking why you want to pull the ICM. Unless you are the electronics hobbyist type and are looking to tap certain wires there is not much to be gained by accessing the ICM. Whatever you have in mind chances are pretty good someone here will tell you what you need.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm trying to see if there is some connection that I can make for an auxilary input rather than the 1/8" plug on the front. I have a nuvi 660 and the fm modulator built in is too weak so, I connected an external fm modulator to the headphone output on the nuvi but, there is still alot of static so, I was going to see if there was an alternate input.

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
jfc686 said:
I'm trying to see if there is some connection that I can make for an auxilary input rather than the 1/8" plug on the front. I have a nuvi 660 and the fm modulator built in is too weak so, I connected an external fm modulator to the headphone output on the nuvi but, there is still alot of static so, I was going to see if there was an alternate input.
I don't know if the pins exist at the back of the newer EHU/ICM combo units like they are on the 2003-2006 EHU's. Since you have built-in aux via the 1/8" stereo jack, I would guess not.

I don't know why you are using an FM modulator. If your Nuvi has a line-out that should plug directly into the Saab ICM. Line-out power is often an issue (e.g. iPod's). The source unit has to provide adequate voltage to get good signal. Headphone outs are typically lower voltage into higher impedance than a true "line-out." If the Nuvi just gives you headphone-out you may need a headphone amp like the Boostaroo.

http://www.dansdata.com/boostaroo.htm

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, the reason I don't want to use the plug on the front of the head unit is that I don't want a wire dangling in front of the dash, I have mounted the nuvi down by the gearshift using a proclip and tucked all of the wiring behind the panel in the center console and found a switched power source for the cig. plug.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks if I can't find anything on the back of the head unit I will try and take it apart and piggy back off the aux in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts